In the evening sun - Tradução em português

Norman Bates was sitting outside his office in the evening sun, reading a magazine.

Se a palavra evening está ligada ao período noturno, como eles usam/entendem essa expressão?

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Correct me if I am mistaken. But looks like it´s geography (location) at play here, in America and many countries in the Northern Hemisphere the sun "slows" its setting around the equinox time (Around the March month, for instance).
For the next week or so, you can expect on sunny days, glare and potential slowdowns from 730am-800am or so in the morning and from 700pm-740pm in the evening. - Weather.gov
Plants that require full sun need at least six to eight hours of direct sunlight per day. If sunlight reaches them from noon to evening hours past 6 o'clock and the plants are like most kinds of full-sun plants - homeguides.sfgate.com
Hum... Então podemos adaptar a tradução para "sob o sol do fim da tarde"? Afinal, ficaria sem sentido, em português, dizermos sob o sol da noite.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Alguns traduzem "sol da noite", mas para nossa cultura para a frase acima poderia ser "...ao pôr do sol/"quando o sol estava se pondo" ou "...sob o sol do fim da tarde" como sugerido.

O filme foi lançado no Brasil com o nome de Psicose (que era a perturbação mental do personagem), ele (o personagem) )Norman Bates foi inspirado no psicopata da vida Ed (Edward) Gein.
Bryan Philpott 2 22 127
If you search "evening sun" on google images, you will get a good idea of what the sky looks like when we say that. "O sol do fim da tarde" matches that well.

https://www.google.com/search?&tbm=isch&q=evening+sun
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, as they say, "an image worth a thousand words!".

I recalled we had an "evening sun" in Brazil, when we had DST (daylight saving time). But, as it was something invented by the human being I didn´t even make some analogy.