Looks on - Tradução em português

Hello, podem me ajudar com essa tradução:

It looks on a garden and the food is very cheap.

Obrigada.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
3 24 206
It looks on a garden.
Tem vista para um jardim.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
Ele tem vista para um jardim e a comida é muito barata.
6 49 1.3k
That was said by Shirley. Afterwards Josh somehow explain that when he says "with a great view of a garden." and then adds "it seems like it would be expensive."

A description from a selling site:
Add the finishing touch to your glamorous living room scheme with this table lamp. Featuring a silver finish and complementary shade, it looks on a mirrored console table alongside a statement statuette.

So, to my thinking it´s something that is in the general direction of the garden, in the first case the restaurant might offer a view of the garden, in the second the table lamp is in the general direction to the mirrored console table. Let´s say that in the second case the writer "personified" the lamp, as if it had human characteristics, so it is looking (directed to the said console table).

Another good translation is that of linguee:
26] Quando entrar no elevador, manter o corpo voltado para a porta de saída, e fingir que é a única pessoa lá dentro, por mais lotado que esteja.
26] When you enter an elevator, looking straight at the door and pretending you are the only person inside, however crowded it may be.

So, here what we meant with "looking" is the general direction somebody/something is directed to.
PPAULO escreveu:That was said by Shirley. Afterwards Josh somehow explain that when he says "with a great view of a garden." and then adds "it seems like it would be expensive."

A description from a selling site:
Add the finishing touch to your glamorous living room scheme with this table lamp. Featuring a silver finish and complementary shade, it looks on a mirrored console table alongside a statement statuette.

So, to my thinking it´s something that is in the general direction of the garden, in the first case the restaurant might offer a view of the garden, in the second the table lamp is in the general direction to the mirrored console table. Let´s say that in the second case the writer "personified" the lamp, as if it had human characteristics, so it is looking (directed to the said console table).

Another good translation is that of linguee:
26] Quando entrar no elevador, manter o corpo voltado para a porta de saída, e fingir que é a única pessoa lá dentro, por mais lotado que esteja.
26] When you enter an elevator, looking straight at the door and pretending you are the only person inside, however crowded it may be.

So, here what we meant with "looking" is the general direction somebody/something is directed to.
Paulo, você gosta/estuda os textos do site elllo.org?
6 49 1.3k
I am interested in all things English, not a site specifically.
I got to that one because of your question, to put myself in your shoes and understand better what brought up your question.
It´s an interesting site, though; more so when it brings out such challenging expressions! He hee. ;-)
I am a bit on the ecletic side, when it comes to musical tastes, readings, movies, ways of studying, cultures, etc.
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO escreveu:I am interested in all things English, not a site specifically.
I got to that one because of your question, to put myself in your shoes and understand better what brought up your question.
It´s an interesting site, though; more so when it brings out such challenging expressions! He hee. ;-)
I am a bit on the ecletic side, when it comes to musical tastes, readings, movies, ways of studying, cultures, etc.
Ok, its very nice. Thank you!! =)