Partículas serem grosseiras - Tradução em português

Olá, gostaria de saber como fica a tradução do termo em negrito na frase abaixo?

Isto está relacionado ao fato das partículas serem grosseiras.

Está correto dizer assim:

This is related to the fact of the particles are coarse.

É que essa tradução "are" me soa estranho, como se fosse "são".

Desde já agradeço.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, you are right to think something isn´t quite right. Certainly what you want is "this is due to the fact of the particles being coarse".
OR "this is because the particles are coarse/this happens because the particles are coarse.

Those are hunches of mine, without being given much context, I mean.
PPAULO escreveu:Yes, you are right to think something isn´t quite right. Certainly what you want is "this is due to the fact of the particles being coarse".
OR "this is because the particles are coarse/this happens because the particles are coarse.

Those are hunches of mine, without being given much context, I mean.
Hi PPAULO, thanks for suggestions, the context is this:

"This reduction of the properties of the blends in relation to the polymer matrix, is related to the fact of the particles being coarse."

It would be correct "being" in this context?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, it could be used. But in this special case the following is a better wording:

"This reduction of the properties of the blends in relation to the polymer matrix, is related to the fact that the particles are coarse."

Of course at this point in the text the said particles have already been specified, as hinted by the article THE in the sentence.