Pearls before swine, babe, etc - Tradução em português

Instead, rather than casting my pearls before swine(1), I’ll simply take this as a sign that she has a chip on her shoulder and certainly isn’t worth taking seriously. If you have to interact with someone misspelling “woman”, then start consistently spelling “woman” as “babe”. That doesn’t have “man” in it; everyone happy yet?(2)

PS: Para dar sentido ao excerto, trata-se de uma crítica à linguagem politicamente correta. Fonte:http://www.returnofkings.com/95854/how- ... t-language

(1): isso é um ditado? Tipo, “jogar pérolas aos porcos”
(2): não entendi muito o sentido dessa frase.

Obrigado!!

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 26 454
That's correct, IVANGINATO!

Radical feminists adopt the nonstandard spelling of women, "womyn" /wimin/ in order to avoid the work ending -men. In my opinion, the text is a way of them to pour out their sorrows about how much language cannot avoid the differences between the sexes, although it also represents a hope how much people innovate in creating terms to make these differences clearly enough regardless of formal English language.

In Brazil, for example, we have a current and curious example of that, the words "sertanejo" and "feminejo".

Radical feminists would say hooray for the people who created the term "feminejo" (feminejo movement) and others just consider it as a inevitable revolution of the language, without patronizing anyone for that.

"Feminejo" represents a musical scene consisting of women who managed to rise to prominence by talking about women's empowerment in the historically male-dominated world of Sertanejo music (a facet of Brazilian country music). Just for curiosity, it is also a synonym of "sofrência" in a manner of speaking.

Now, regarding on the translation:

Instead, rather than casting my pearls before swine, I’ll simply take this as a sign that she has a chip on her shoulder and certainly isn’t worth taking seriously. If you have to interact with someone misspelling “woman”, then start consistently spelling “woman” as “babe”. That doesn’t have “man” in it; everyone happy yet?

>> Ao invés de preferir jogar pérolas aos porcos, eu simplesmente considero isso como um sinal de que ela se sentiu destratada / ofendida / subestimada e que obviamente não merecia levar a sério. Se você tem de interagir com alguém que escreve "woman" errado, então comece a escrever "woman" como "babe" com mais frequência. Desse jeito o "man" fica de fora e todos ficam satisfeitos, certo?

>> Ao invés de preferir lançar pérolas aos porcos, eu considero isso simplesmente um sinal de que ela se sentiu chateada / menosprezada e que certamente deveria ignorá-lo. Se você tem que interagir com alguém que soletra "woman" errado, então comece a soletrar "woman" como "babe". Assim o "man" é deixado de lado e todos ainda ficam felizes, não é?

I hope I've helped you.

So long,

Ricardo.

REFERENCES:
(1) Marília Mendonça's Infiel
(2) How to fight politically correct language
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Nice answer! Tks