Residual payment - Tradução em português

Hello everyone,

What's the meaning of "residual payment"? How can I translatre this to portuguese? I was thinking about "publicity, advertising.." But I'm not sure. :)

Ex: I was trying to make the goverment pay some residuals for the show.

Thank you!! And happy new year!!

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Artful Dodger 6 14 102
De acordo com a Wikipedia:
Residual: A residual is a payment made to the creator of performance art (or the performer in the work) for subsequent showings or screenings of the (usually filmed) work. A typical use is in the payment of residuals for television reruns. The word is often used in the plural form.
A partir da definição acima, eu traduziria a expressão como pagamento pelos direitos de exibição. Na sua frase:
  • I was trying to make the goverment pay some residuals for the show:
    Eu estava tentando fazer com que o governo pagasse por parte dos direitos de exibição do espetáculo.
    Eu estava tentando fazer com que o governo pagasse pelos direitos de exibição do espetáculo.
Cheers!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, "residuals" are the rights you earn after you participate in some kind of show/piece/performance etc in the entertainment industry.

As Artful has already explained above, it could be "direitos autorais/direitos de imagem/direitos de exibição/direitos musicais" and so on and on.

These rights, though, are fully garanteed to those artists joined into the SAG-AFTRA en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_Actors_Guild.

Untill some time ago, doubles (dublês) wouldn´t get such rights, then (by those standards) when one watched leggy Julia Roberts´ in that Bathtub, only Mrs. Roberts would receive some bucks.
Now every time one watches the Pretty Woman movie, her double (I mean, her legs) will be compensated as well. Doubles can now join the Actor´s Screen Guild as well.