Se alguém diz que é um artista. - Tradução em inglês

Hi. It's my first time in the English Experts Forum and I will try to post it in English :D
I'd like to know how to say in English this phrase: "Se alguém diz que é um artista (ou qualquer outra coisa*), não temos por que duvidar."
I don't know how to use the pronouns when I don't know the gender and if there is a preposition after the verb "to doubt". How can I say that in English? Do I have to say "If someone says that he or she is an artist, we don't have a reason to doubt him or her? Or should I have to say "If someone says that is an artist, we don't have a reason to doubt it?
If the phrase was "Se alguém afirma (apenas para não repetir o verbo*) que está dizendo a verdade, não temos por que duvidar" the way of saying that in English would be the same?
I'm very confused and I hope someone can help me.
Thank you,
Luiz.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Hello Luiz,
a)"If someone says(that) they´re an artist,(then) we have no reason to doubt them."(Se alguém diz que é artista,não temos por que duvidar.)

b)"If someone says(that) they´re telling the truth,then we have no reason to doubt them."(Se alguém afirma que está dizendo a verdade,não temos por que duvidar.)

c)If someone calls me,he or she will have to wait.(Se alguém ligar, vai ter que esperar.)
d)If someone calls me,she or he will have to wait.(Se alguém ligar, vai ter que esperar.)
e)If someone calls me,he will have to wait.(Se alguém ligar,vai ter que esperar.)
f)If someone calls me,they will have to wait.(Se alguém ligar,vai ter que esperar.)

Obs:Os exemplos c,d,e,f ...são outras formas também corretas.
Thank you so much, Donay!