The package a month ago - Tradução em português

Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
Engel said Democrats were satisfied to avoid the government’s first default, which could have led to higher interest rates and sent shock waves through financial markets.
“But if you had told me that this would be the package a month ago, I would have asked you what you had been smoking,” he said.
For Republicans, the vote allowed them to achieve most of the spending cuts they had sought earlier this year in the budget drafted by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Votos
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Simon,

"I would have asked you what you had been smoking"
"Eu teria perguntado o que você tinha andado fumando.

Esta expressão passa a idéia de que você acha que a outra pessoa não fez algo ou não teve uma atitude sensata/equilibrada/normal.

"What have you been smoking?"
It means the person thinks you are crazy or weird, like you're on crack. - Wikianswers
Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
Simon Vasconcelos escreveu:“But if you had told me that this would be the package a month ago, I would have asked you what you had been smoking,”
OK, mas o que tem a ver a oração posterior, I would have asked you what you had been smoking, com o pacote de medidas?
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Sugestão:

The package a month ago. [O pacote(de medidas) um mês atrás.]