The pitch early doors - Tradução em português

Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
Has Toto Villanova been taking advice from Phil 'I Don't Drink Pints Of Regret, I Drink Pints Of Guinness' Brown? He's sent Barcelona out onto the pitch early doors, is all. They hang around looking very sheepish for a couple of minutes, until Bayern deign to turn up. And then we're off! Barca get the ball rolling for the second half. They couldn't, could they? The answer to that is no, but let's see how this goes anyway.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My tentative stab at it. But I leave the fine-tuning to Telma and others.
British English sometimes gets real tricky to me!

------------------------------------------------------
Será que o Toto Vilanova vem tendo conselhos do Phil (tá seguindo o conselho do Phil?) -Eu não tomo a cerveja do arrependimento/pra se arrepender, eu tomo uma cerveja Guiness Brown (um tipo das cervejas ''stout'' da Guiness)?
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003484 ... large.jpeg

Ele mandou o Barcelona sair pro campo (de futebol) na hora dos torcedores "antecipados/madrugadores" [isto é, bem mais cedo/antecipado]. É isso. Eles ficaram só matando o tempo por alí (andando, passeando ,fazendo alguma coisa) timidamente por alguns minutos, então o Bayern (de Munique) se dignou a aparecer.

E então vamos começar/então estamos indo (começar o jogo)! O Barça começa o jogo/dá o ponta-pé inicial no segundo tempo. Não podiam, podiam? [provavelmente quem devia sair com a bola era o Bayern.] A resposta para isso é não, mas vamos ficar atento a situação (como o jogo se desenvolve daqui pra frente.)/vamos ficar atento ao desenrolar do jogo (da situação, em outros contextos).

Vocabulary related to this text:

soccer pitch - campo de futebol. (aqui, o autor deve ter pensado em "campo de jogo")

EARLY DOORS - A TV show, and...
The title is a British slang phrase meaning those who arrive earlier than is customary, and was often associated with pub customers who wait for or arrive soon after evening opening, around 5:30 pm. (Until the law was changed in 1988 pubs in England closed in the afternoon. Most are now open all day.) It is also widely heard in British football circles, and was resuscitated in comments about football. The phrase originates in the practice of
British theatres from around 1870 of allowing customers who paid a little extra to enter the theatre early and choose their own seats before the rush just before the performance started.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Door ... .27s_title