Thing of thunder... - Tradução em português

Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
Por favor, traduzir os trechos em negrito. Obrigado.

Fiennes takes the title role himself and his Coriolanus is a thing of thunder; an unbending Roman general run aground on the rocks of public opinion. His mother Volumnia (Vanessa Redgrave) is grooming him for high office. She wants him to speak to the people and pander for votes, except that Coriolanus isn't geared that way. The actor points out that he first tackled the role on stage back in 2000 and that it's nagged at him since. He loves its propulsive, take-no-prisoners narrative; its jagged, knotty use of language. "There was just something in the play and in the part that sat with me and wouldn't go away. It's an obsession, I think, although I've never really analysed where it comes from."

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
o seu papel de Coriolanus é como um trovão (supomos que em acões e voz alta)
run aground on...opinion = encalhado (nos rochedos da) na opinião pública
pander for votes = pedindo o voto do povo indevidamente
isn't geared that way = ele não é desse tipo (ele não tem esse feitio) ("engrenado" desse jeito)
something ...in the part that sat with me = havia algo no papel (na parte dramática) que ficou na minha mente
Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
"Thing of thunder" poderia ser "coisa de estrondar"?
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Simon,

Dependendo da amplitude do contexto sim.