To make matters worse - Tradução em português

To make matters worse - Tradução em português
Preciso de uma ajuda:

Como eu posso utilizar a expressão "to make matters worse", em quais contextos ela se encaixa melhor?

Grato!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
1 24 214
"Para piorar as coisas".

I'm broke; I don't have a job; my girlfriend broke up with me. And to make matters worse, my mechanic just told me that my car needs a new transmission!
I cannot speak English, a cat ate my tongue, a crab pinched my middle finger and, to make matters worse, my English teacher walked out on me.
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
Thanks for answering.

Is it ok, if I say "My girlfriend was annoyed with me yesterday and i made matter worse when i told her that her dress didn't suit her."?
1 24 214
"... matters worse..." - Correto.
6 49 1.3k
As Marcio pointed out, matterS, along with capital "I".
In addition to that one, I would like to add that:

"Yesterday my girlfriend was annoyed with/at me and to make matters worse I told her that her dress didn't suit her."?

OR
...to add insult to injury, I told her that her dress...
...and aggravating the situation further, I told her that here dress...
...and aggravating the situation further, I had the stupid idea of telling her that her dress... :lol:
...and on top of it, I told her...