Good afternoon, Inês.
Depending on the context, I believe you could say:
Você não pode dar ordem no mundo do lado de fora para que tudo aconteça como você quer que aconteça. Não adianta mandar a chuva parar. Pegue o guarda-chuva e saia.
(1) You can not put the world in order (from) outside in order to make everything happens as you wish. It is no use giving orders to stop the rain. Take your umbrella and leave.
(2) You can not give orders to the world behind the scenes so that everything happens as you wish. It is futile to ask for the rain does not come. Pick up your umbrella and get out.
(3) You are not able to tell the world what to do so that everything happens as you wish. There is no point in telling the rain to come to a halt. Get your umbrella and go.
(1) Pearson Education. Longman Dictionary. 2004.
(2) ETHRIDGE, Kristen. Second Chance Sweethearts. Page 16. Harlequin. 2015.
(3) Collins Online Dictionary.