Way over - Tradução em português

Hello everyone !
I would like to know the meaning of word . I search in Internet, but didn't any word that could (esclarecer in English)my doubts.
I've got a example:

E.g (I made my way over to him and announced that he had been caught).

Thanks a lot

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I did a search on the Internet, but I didn't find any word that could clarify my doubt.

In that case "I made my way" would be "eu fui/eu caminhei"
So, the sentence would be something like "eu caminhei até ele/eu fui até ele"...e anunciei que ele tinha sido pego/e declarei (comuniquei) que ele tinha sido pego."

Notice:
I made my way to him... (eu fui até ele - só fui, não sugere nada mais que isso na frase.)

I made my way over to him... (diz que "eu fui até ele/caminhei até ele, etc, porém como o "over" sugere que ele não estava tão perto de mim, então eu tive que andar um cadinho até chegar até onde ele estava)

The same happens with FIND OVER, a topic that is is elsewhere on the EE, but I am fetching it, because it´s a related notion.
significado-de-over-on-t64203.html

Thanks to Natali Bento for kindly sharing that with us, I owe you one, we owe you one!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Summing up:
What we were seeking at first (even without knowing it at the time) was the meaning of "I made my way to him".
And then how this "OVER" wedged in the middle (of the sentence), and what was its function there.