You are my best child - Tradução em português

Dá para traduzir "You are my best child" como: "você é meu filho favorito" ?

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Sim e não.
Geralmente o filho que é "melhor" aos olhos dos pais é contemplado com a plaquinha de "favorito". Isto é, se você é tratado bem, se ele faz as coisas que você gosta, ele é o melhor. Logo seu favorito.

Mas, pode ser que você reconheça um "melhor para você" (no sentido de bonzinho, que não dá trabalho, ou coisa assim) mas que não é o favorito.

Em inglês esse trechinho expressa isso muito bem:
“I was coming for your title,” Hunk told Lance, all bland sarcasm. “I have finally surpassed you.”

Shiro snickered and buried his face in Hunk’s shoulder. “Hunk, you’re the best. You’re my best child.”

Whooping, Hunk pumped the arm that didn’t have Shiro leaning against it. “I want that on a t-shirt. I want it in writing.” Then he considered and glanced down. “Best. Not favorite? Best is a weird way to put it.”

“You’re the best. You’re the good-est. Least trouble, most help, smells best.” He glanced up. “But Pidge is my favorite. She’s so small, Hunk. I have to look out for her. What if she gets a cold?”

“I’d go in the damn pod,” Pidge grumbled, now scowling. “This is getting old.”

Lance snorted. “At least you’re the favorite. Keith and I are out in the cold.”

Much as Keith wanted to protest, because he’d known Shiro longest, he couldn’t necessarily disagree with him either. Hunk was the ‘good-est’, easily, and Pidge did get special attention from everyone, whether she needed it or not. Still, it wasn’t exactly nice to hear, either.
Picking his head up, Shiro glanced between them all, eyes going slowly wide and sad. “Oh. But I love everyone. Really, I love you guys. You’re my team.” He held out his arms. “Do you need a hug?”

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8117638

Dá pra ver que quando se "é o melhor" mas não o favorito, é díficil de engolir, de aceitar...

Voltando à sua pergunta. Quando usar a expressão vai depender do que você quer dizer, apesar de usualmente "best" significar "favorite" nesses casos.