You are trying to deceive costumers - Tradução em português

Olá, como está no titulo da pergunta eu gostaria de saber o significado de uma frase e gostaria que vocês me ajudassem.
A frase é : "you are trying to deceive costumers into pumping out their oil before before lining your own pockes with the money"
Essa seria uma tradução literal : "você está tentando enganar os clientes para drenar/bombear o óleo deles antes de encher seus bolsos com o dinheiro"
Mas eu não consegui entender o sentido dessa frase. O que vocês acham?

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
"you are trying to deceive costumers into pumping out their oil before before lining your own pockets with the money"

Literally seria: você está tentando enganar os clientes para extrair deles o petróleo antes de encher os seus bolsos de dinheiro [1].

[1] ilicitamente, neste caso.

The author could mean "oil" euphemistically, meaning the "monies" of said customer being parted of them (extracted of them). Not a usual analogy, but one never knows with gamers turned writers!
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
O que você quis dizer com "but one never knows with gamers turned writers!" ? (Não entendi muito bem)
2 19
Acredito que nãos seja uma expressão (pelo que pesquisei na internet) mas uma frase. E por essa frase os gamers seriam jogadores, pessoas que não fazem questão de gramática, escritores "amadores" que se tornam escritores, que escrevem como o ar de profissionais ou em ambientes que se espera um uso rígido da gramática

Posso ter viajado? Sempre há possibilidade, mas espero colocar o tópico novamente aos primeiros na plataforma e vamos torcer para que o Paulo volte - ele sempre volta...
6 49 1.3k
Swarm got it right. It was in the sense of "jogadores (de games) que se tornam escritores". Or (if you wish, and in some cases) "escritores que eram jogadores" (escritores que eram "do meio" a que pertencem os jogadores de video-game, por exemplo).

There are (soccer) players turned coaches, actor turned (film) directors (they sometimes also express it with actors-turned-directors), etc.
And there are books turned into movies (movies that are based on books).

At the time of writing, I didn´t think that gamers didn´t care about grammar and style. But, in the rush to express themselves and write, they could prone to trample the grammar in the process.
The Watpad platform is a go-to site for wannabe writers to test their writing skills, so the writer can submit their stories there to see how they "will fare". Problem is, most of the time they don´t have a proofreader or ghostwriter to help them, to polish their rough diamonds. Or, in some cases, the writer just don´t heed the maxim of "look before you leap".
This one could be a case in point, we can see that he keeps writing the "hooded teen", the "hooded youth" instead of giving a name to his character, what could be perceived as a flaw. Anyway, the author is trying, which is in itself something to take into account. One has to start somewhere, and what is there isn´t copyrighted, so it´s still not something to get seriously, just testing the waters.

Now, for a change: somehow the word "pockets" and "customers" (from the question) got morphed into another word, I wonder whether someone´s PC is playing tricks on his owner, ha ha! :-)
Paulo, uma pergunta você sabia que essa frase é do livro de no game no life? (os nomes que você citou aparece nele)
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
I found it here:
https://www.wattpad.com/472289720-no-ga ... 1-beginner

What got me there was the two words I found a bit odd and I wanted to know if "pumping out their oil" would be metaphorically or literally.
Entendi, muito obrigado por sanar minhas duvidas.
6 49 1.3k
I am glad that it helped you. I myself learn a lot in the process of helping others out, so you are welcome!