You must be a broom cause you swept me off my feet - Tradução em português

You must be a broom cause you swept me off my feet.

Qual a melhor tradução para esta frase?

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Redseahorse 4 35 575
Trata-se de uma linguagem figurada. Não consigo no momento lembrar de nenhuma frase em Português que tenha alguma equivalência; contudo, a ideia da frase é mais ou menos a seguinte: " Você me deixou completamente louco(a)/atraído/apaixonado por você "
Eu pensei em algo mais literal como: "Você deve ser uma vassoura porque me varreu do chão"
Porque é um contexto de cantadas. Uma cantada atrás da outra.
Cinnamon 16 60 498
sweep me off my feet
It's basically like making someone fall in love with you in a short amount of time.
So "are you trying to sweep me off my feet?"
- from Urban Dictionary

"Você deve ser uma vassoura, porque me arrebatou, me tirou do chão (tirou meus pés do chão)."
É de fato ligado ao amor, cantada, etc. LoL

Cheers!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I found at the Stackexchange site that the imagery could be of a broom in its sweeping motion, with that it would cause dust to be (easily) lifted in the air.
Also someone can sweep someone off their feet in the sense of "tirá-la do chão", a married man in the honeymoon having arrived to the hotel with his spouse would likely do that. You get the idea.
Another meaning to "sweep someone off their feet" is "deixá-la(o) totalmente apaixonado(o). One way to think of that is the usual "roubar o coração de alguém" or similar thought.
We didn’t know much about each other twenty years ago. We were guided by our intuition; you swept me off my feet. It was snowing when we got married at the Ahwahnee.
My feet have never returned to the ground.
Steve Job´s letter to his wife.
He metaphorically used the expression in the second part, as if she had lifted him off ground "tirado ele do chão" literally, and the feet never had been back to it.
And at the same time, he meant he was head over heels the same way as he was at day one.

The best translation? Well, it could be "você deve ser uma vassoura pois me tirou do chão?" perhaps, but shouldn´t lose the nuance, the play with words here.
That´s why we had to add all this explaining about the cross-cultural meanings.
Leonardo96 19 293
You can't translate that because in Portuguese it wouldn't make sense. Sweep one off one's feet = Deixar alguem loucamente/completamente apaixonado.

Sweep = Varrer
Broom = Vassoura

So that is where the word play between both of those words comes into play.

It is possible to translate the last part of the sentence if you come up with a non-literal translation that can explain the idea which I did (Deixar alguem completamente apaixonado) but not the first part because you can only translate it literally, it wouldn't make sense to say "Voce deve ser uma vassoura pois me deixou completamente apaixonado". (Well, unless one happens to have a weird fetish for brooms and find them aesthetically pleasing.)

So it's about understanding the meaning of the expression "sweep one off one's feet" and picking up on the word play between "broom" and "sweep". I guess if you were to come up with an equivalent sentence in Portuguese it would be " Voce deve ser um ladrão pois roubou meu coração." Yeah, I know I had said it can't be translated to Portuguese but it came to me as I was writing the part the led up to that one, haha.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Indeed I 'translated' the way a native would think. That is, as if we were natives, by way of explanation.
But, yes in Portuguese to translate into an equivalent wouldn´t be doable, as Leonardo has just pointed out.