Use a preposição correta

The invasion was completed _ a matter of days. It was carefully planned and skilfully executed.

A) of
B) on
C) in
D) within
E) off

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
OEstudantedeIngles 2 16 113
Letra C!
Pq letra A ou C?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My educated guesses would be the alternative C or D.
In a matter of days, to my thinking, has a ring of "shortly/soon (in a few days), it has a certain "prediction" quality to it. Whereas something that happened in a "limited" time would be something that happened "within days" (then within a matter of days as well).
Something that can be supposed (predicted/expected) to happen in a very limited ammount of time (in response to a crisis, for example) could also be "within" as in:
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) said Thursday that he expects the White House to send Congress a new authorization for a use of military force agreement within a "matter of days." (NBC News)
(dentro de alguns dias/em alguns dias...)

To discuss the various options available to you and to take advantage of our 'FREE ESIMATE SERVICE,' ask for a “Garden maintenance estimate” and you could have your garden transformed within a matter of days.
Here we see that "you could have your garden transformed within a matter of days" means that the fact in the realm of possibility (and of a limited time).
Anyway, both (within AND in) seems like being interchangeable in this case. Anyway, for guessing´s sake and if I had to choose I would tick the alternative D (perhaps just a matter of personal style here). But I admit that I could be wrong, it´s a hunch of sorts.