Uso de "did" antes de pronome "they" em frase afirmativa

Olá,

Estava lendo uma notícia em inglês quando me deparei com a seguinte frase:
Last month, the Koenigsegg Regera beat Koenigsegg’s previous record time for accelerating from 0 kph to 400 kph and braking back to 0, which had beaten the time the Bugatti Chiron set back in 2017. Now there’s more evidence that not only did they not fake it, but it also sounded super weird.
Visto que é uma frase afirmativa, se eu fosse construir esta fazer, faria "...not only they did not fake it..." ou "...not only they have faked it...", nesta frase, teria alguma mudança se fizesse de alguma destas formas? Pois não entendi o did vir antes do they nesta frase afirmativa.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
When a negative word such as never, rarely, hardly begins a sentence, the subject and verb are inverted. In other words, the question word order is used.

Rarely do I find better food than I get at Moss Burgers.
NeyF 3 24 206
To add emphasis, we can use not only at the beginning of a clause. When we do this, we invert the subject and the verb:

Not only was it raining all day at the wedding but also the band was late.

Not only will they paint the outside of the house but also the inside.

When there is no auxiliary verb or main verb be, we use do, does, did:

Not only did she forget my birthday, but she also didn’t even apologise for forgetting it.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pt/amp ... y-but-also