Verb tense: ''Your mother hasn’t yet come round from the anaesthetic''

Hi, guys.

Today I was studying and I came across the following phrase: "Your mother hasn’t yet come round from the anaesthetic."

If I'm not mistaken, the verb "come" was used in a wrong way. Wouldn't the correct tense be "came"?

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
19 293
No. It just so happens that "come" is the indicative present perfect form of "come". Like "done" is to "do".

I have come = correct
I have came = incorrect. (albeit it can be commonly used by native speakers themselves, mistakingly so, of course. If you look at it from a correct grammar standpoint then you should always say "I have come/he has come/she hasn't come" and so on.)
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
16 60 498
Hi there!

Your sentence in Portuguese: "Sua mãe ainda não se recuperou da anestesia."

When using present perfect the correct structure is [Have/has + main verb (past participle)]. In the given example come in past participle is "come".

"Came" is not correct in the sentence because it is the simple past of "come".

The most important verb forms you should remember are:
Come (infinitive) - Came (simple past) - Come (past participle)

See you around!
3 24 206
She came.
She has come.
Thank you very much to all!
NeyF, o fórum não está me permitindo te dar um upvote, porque além dos dois upvotes que eu dei nesta postagem, eu já havia dado um upvote em um outro post (o limite são 3 votos por dia), mas te agradeço da mesma forma.