Employee engagement ou Employees engagement ou Employees' engagement ou Engagement of employees ?

Olá, pessoal!

Estou elaborando um texto e gostaria de dizer que uma ação X aumentou o engajamento dos empregados da companhia em cursos online.

Procurando na internet eu vi que o termo comum é "employee engagment". Aqui, já tive uma dúvida, por que no singular e não no plural se estou falando de empregados no geral?

Poderia ser escrito utilizando o caso genitivo, como Employees' engagement? Ou ainda, Employees engagement (adjetivando o substantivo) ?

Poderiam me dizer qual das 4 estaria ok ou por que estariam erradas?
1) Project X increased employee engagement in concluding online courses
2) Project X increased employees engagement in concluding online courses
3) Project X increased employees' engagement in concluding online courses
4) Project X increased engagement of employees in concluding online courses

Eu tenho muitas dúvidas de quando utilizar um caso genitivo ou adjetivar um substantivo (Client's request ou Client request?) . Alguma dica?
Obrigada!!

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My choice:
Project X increased employee engagement in online courses.

Not that I am ruling out others, I just made a choice of a sentence I like best.

I think "the program X" would be more natural, though. "The" because you mention a specific program that had such increase in enrollment.
So, I let "project" here more to have it your way, but if I were you I would consider a change in the wording.

Employee - I think you are talking about a class, and certainly a sample of your company/firm.

And last but not least important, the genitive thingun.
From your example, I would use "client request" (noun adjectiving the other noun), not to cause ambiguity -
Client´s request (one could think the client owns the request), that is.

This is indeed a bland example, and could not convey the importance of choosing a genitive VS adjectivation by a second noun. So, let´s pick another the next one:
They use "Veterans Day - not Veteran´s Day" OR "Veterans´Day" not to be thought (ambiguously) that it´s a day owned by veterans. It´s a day in honour of veterans. The first is a noun (plural) and the second a noun that adjectives the first one.

Not all cases are this dramatic. ;-) There´s no strict rule to it, so you can use or not the genitive with that apostrophe in many cases (so don´t sweat it much). But this example was meant for you to give a second thought before you use the genitive. Plus, you be on the safe side sometimes, at least when you have to write about the Veterans Day. :-)