Uso da preposição "in" no final de uma sentença

Olá a todos!

Essa frase é de um texto do Mairo Vergara.

Everybody sees me today in the position I’m in, a fast growing company.

A dúvida é: o uso do "in", existe algum motivo? Ele é obrigatório?

Obrigado.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Leonardo96 19 293
Isso apenas é o equivalente de falar "na posição EM que eu estou", exceto que no Inglês a preposição que corresponde a "em" vai no fim da frase.

Você também pode dizer "the position in which you are", mas assim soa mais formal.

Isso funciona pra várias outras frases com outras preposições:

The person I'm talking to
The people I live with
The company I work for
Etc...
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
In these cases, that is also called "statements with terminal prepositions" - statements that usually go with a preposition at the end, it's normal that it happens with them.

And it would even be awkward to omit the preposition, or to change the word order. Some examples of that are sentences ended in:
...listen to
...talk(ed) about
...dream(ed) of
...get/gotten himself into

...in the position I am in. (ended with "in"), if you elaborate further, forget the preposition " I wouldn't be in the position I am today without my degree. (no IN after the verb "am", because you elaborate.)

Ref. editorsmanual

That's a subject in which "practice makes perfect", you learn the ropes with time, by reading, writing, using the words...