Como dizer "mais de duas vezes" em inglês

Estava respondendo uma falante nativa no Twitter e percebi que não tinha certeza de como se diz tal coisa em inglês.
Gostaria que tirassem essa dúvida porque não sei se falei certo.
A frase em português seria algo do tipo: "Tive que olhar a foto mais de duas vezes...".
Eu digitei para ela: " I had to look at the picture more than twice..."
Isso está correto? Teria sido melhor falar "over twice"? Há alguma outra maneira de dizer isso?

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Acredito que o termo certo seja more than twice, já que a palavra over muitas vezes é aplicada para dar um sentido um pouco negativo.

Overexcited
Overdose
Overwhelmed
Também acho que a melhor forma seja "more than twice" mas porque não considerar "over two times"?
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Many times/again and again (repetidas vezes/muitas vezes) would express that notion as well. A bit more dramatically than "more than once".
More than once wouldn´t be wrong, since three or more is more "than once" (even though, the emphasis is not in the number but the act of "repeating" as opposed to "recognizing it (the picture) immediately".

Another way to say that could be:
I took several/many/more than once attempt to recognize/identify him from the photo.
I took several/many/more than once attempt to recognize/identify him from the picture.

//////////////////
I had to look at it/at the photo twice isn´t wrong, though.

Other meaning of it "I had to get a better look at it". Because I had that feeling that it wasn´t what I thought at first; it seemed surreal/some was out of place, etc...

http://www.viraldoza.com/youre-gonna-lo ... tos-think/
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
One could say that referring to the photo #1, the dog seemed like it was catching some fish, and it was a dog with a long hair. Many a people would have to look at it twice because they would have that feeling that their mind was "playing tricks" on them.