O verbo ''To Know'' sem it e com it. Como usar?

Eu estou com dúvida se eu uso o verbo to know com o it ou sem o it
Ex:
That song is awesome!
Yes, I know it

Eu posso dizer só I know, invés de I know it?
Eu vi uma definição de I know no cambridge que eu fiquei com dúvida no caso essa:
"said to show you agree with something someone has just said"
Daí que vem a dúvida, "I know it" ja não daria essa ideia de concordar com algo?

Como saber se eu uso só "I know" ou "I know it"?
TIA

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
In addition to the previous answer, by Leonardo, here goes my two cent´s worth:

When "I know" refers to facts, the "it" can be left out (omitted). When refers to things; that is, it replaces a noun, then it shouldn´t be omitted.

You are late.
I know it. OR I know.

A rule of thumb to 'feel' if you can omit it, is by checking if you can replace it by "I know that" (in this sentence you can, so you can use "I know").
Just don´t say it aloud (I know that), you can be fired if you respond to your boss like this!

Sometimes colloquially you say "I see" meaning "I know/I understand how you feel, etc".
So, the omission of "it" could be a language device to allow a faster flow of communication (a peculiarity of informal speaking.)

I went to a city called Varre-Sai.
I know it. (can´t be omitted because "it" replaces the noun, the name of the city Varre-Sai). So, I know it (I know Varre-Sai).
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
19 293
Nesse contexto, o uso de it é opcional/dispensável.