What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a car?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
The advantages are you can have some different girls each day... I'm just kidding! One of the advantage is: easy locomotion for me that is the better part of have a car, and the big deal is cope with the traffic of cars every day... because there are many congestion in the main ways and avenues here in RJ.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
I think that the more vantage of to have a car is the win the time.

you have time for to go of the work, and faster, to go a university and, still, you can, in end of this lessons, to leave of the girls.

The disavantages is the high cust of the taxes, gasoline, security, etc.
The advantage is about the facility to go where you want , go in the parties and don´t worry about the time to go out , go to supermakert , to work when is raining , take the mother at the hospital and others .
The advantage is about the obligation to pay taxes and more taxes , you always have to have a money to put combustible , you got lazy to walk by foot and becomes sedentary . Since I bought my car , sincerily , I never more had money :D :shock:
i dont think its a nice deal, go to the parties driving.. you know,
you cant drink and drive.. thats bad, coz i love going out on weekends, but,
i cant drink.. so, the only one advantage that i see, is for fast locomotion.

oh yea, and pick up girls xD
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Logan18 escreveu:[...] many congestion in the main ways [...]

In all probability, likelihood, honesty and seriousness you may have meant, "... many traffic jams" here.

When it comes to cars and streets, I think all the car makers should start a joint venture with all the street makers on a national basis. Street makers (read City councils), insofar as refers to Brazil, should work fast, a lot more faster than do car makers. The faster street makers put out roadways, the easier and freer cars find room to move. In our actual conjuncture, car driving (even toy car driving) takes some getting used to. Although you can always take traffic for granted from inside your car, you'll find that Paulistan drivers--by far, the most experienced car drivers in continental Brazil--all or individually have their peculiar manners and traits of coping with road rage, for instance.

At one time in point, Paulistan drivers have had to deal with over 400 daily, road rage-related traffic complaints. In one single case, a motorist got out of his car, walked over to the other car and hit the motorist inside it just because the other motorist sneaked a casual look at his girlfriend in passing. In another single case, two motorists repeatedly jammed their cars one against the other simply because the first one hit the other one from the rear, both of whom never once facing each other. When they finally got out of their cars to check for damages, they discovered (or realized all too late) they had met before, had studied at the same school before and often stepped out for a beer or two before, in a manner of speaking!

I'll always ask where have all the civilized, transit-courteous manners gone. (Yes, me and my oft-misplaced adjectives and adverbs want to know.)

BTW have you ever driven a Logan, Logan? I bet you've never driven a Márcio! LOL!
Marcio_Farias escreveu:
Logan18 escreveu:[...] many congestion in the main ways [...]

In all probability, likelihood, honesty and seriousness you may have meant, "... many traffic jams" here.

BTW have you ever driven a Logan, Logan? I bet you've never driven a Márcio! LOL!

Hi Marcio, Thank you for correct me... I'm just a beginner student, so I don't know many words to supply my wish to write and my wish is that people can comprehend me in the best possible way.

Good joke Marcio, but, If you thought that I never drive a Logan, you're correct... I've never driven a Logan and neither a Márcio...

See you around.
Hi, Logan and Marcio

I guess you are not wrong when you say "congestion". I prefer to use "traffic jams" too, but check it out:

Congestion: overcrowding; clogging: severe traffic congestion ( dictionary.com )

Regards
ailime
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
ailime escreveu:Hi, Logan and Marcio

I guess you are not wrong when you say "congestion". I prefer to use "traffic jams" too, but check it out:

Congestion: overcrowding; clogging: severe traffic congestion ( dictionary.com )

Regards
ailime

Ailime,

Other options for "traffic jam" are gridlock and hold-up.
The car you don't need pick up the full bus for to go at work. It's easy move, you are a liberty.
The disadvantages is a pollution, the taxes with IPVA. The car is a family, the costs are enormous.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Flavia.lm escreveu:
ailime escreveu:Hi, Logan and Marcio

Regards
ailime

Ailime,

Other options for "traffic jam" are gridlock and hold-up.

Flávia,

Thank you very much for providing us new words!! ;)
ailime :D