What are you personally afraid of?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I'm so much terrified about cockroaches! It scares me a lot.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Cockroaches? They are disgusting, but I am not afraid of them at all.
My real fear is to lose my loved ones in consequence of a desease or urban violence.
ailime escreveu:Cockroaches? They are disgusting, but I am not afraid of them at all.
My real fear is to lose my loved ones in consequence of a desease or urban violence.

Ailime,

Only one minor suggested improvement here, change in to as a resulting in, "... as a consequence ..."

Before long you will be correcting me.
Bill,

Yes, it`s much better with your suggestion.
Thanks!!
This is an interesting interrogative sentence, especially since I am not afraid of almost anything physical, or even death, although I do have a large degree of respect for many things and am not inclined to do anything that is very foolhardy.

Having spent most of my life as a solidier, who tried to do his duty as professed by General of the Army, Douglas MacArthur, in his farewell speach to the Corps of Cadets of the U.S. Military Academy. In that speach his erudite and famous plea to the Officer Corps of the Army was to always strive follow the meanings of the sacred words, "Duty, Honor, and Country". Therefore what I, like most professional soldiers, fear most is dishonour, and would actually prefer "Death Before Dishonour."

And that is the full monty of what I fear.

I forgot, I am also afraid of my wife when she is angry at me. ;)

Words you may wish to look up to improve your vocabulary. (They are underlined above.)
erudite
Death Before Dishonour (a phrase)
interrogative sentence (a phrase)
full monty (an idiom)
Hey,

I have a had fear it's in my mind since two or three years ago... it isn't about ghosts or spirits.
I'm afraid of losing good chances in my professional life because of a knowledge that I didn't give enough importance.
I guess it's a normal feeling to a young... At least, I'm studying and becoming better in other to in the future maybe don't have headaches.
I´m afraid of dying and I´m afraid of lost my family.
Avatar do usuário Vitor Ferreira 30 1
I'm afraid of mice. I hate them all.
I'm afraid of studying hard my whole life and being not successful as well.
ENG_rafael escreveu:Hey,

I have a had fear it's in my mind since two or three years ago... it isn't about ghosts or spirits.
I'm afraid of losing good chances in my professional life because of a knowledge that I didn't give enough importance.
I guess it's a normal feeling to a young... At least, I'm studying and becoming better in other to in the future maybe don't have headaches.

Rafael,

Please read my rewrite of your post and see if you can ascertain why I made the changes, them please let me know if you need help on the reasons for any of the changes.

For the last two or three years I have had a fear of loosing professional opportunities due to a failure on my part to devote enough time and energy towards a portion of my studies, thereby not being properly prepared. I guess this fear is normal for a young person to have, however I am studying very hard in order to better prepare myself for the future, and maybe I will avoid this headache.

Again please let me know what you think, because your feedback is important to me.

Thank you,
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
franciscog escreveu:I´m afraid of dying and I´m afraid of lost my family.

Francisco,

I would like to suggest one change to your post, please change lost to losing to correct the tense.

Otherwise very good.