What are you personally afraid of?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Bill,

You understood perfectly the content of my message and I guess your rewrite is more correct and clear than mine.

But I have one doubt that it's below:
In the first line,
you wrote: "For the last two or three years I have had a fear of loosing..."
I wrote: "I have a had fear it's in my mind since two or three years ago..."

When I want to say that am having or doing something, can I not use the "SINCE expression" instead of the "FOR expression"?
I agree with your suggestion, but did I do some grammar mistake in my version?

and you improved my vocabulary, I didn't know what is DUE TO, now I know its meaning...

Thank you so much!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

You understood perfectly the content of my message and I guess your rewrite is more correct and clear than mine.

But I have one doubt that it's below:
In the first line,
you wrote: "For the last two or three years I have had a fear of loosing..."
I wrote: "I have a had fear it's in my mind since two or three years ago..."

When I want to say that am having or doing something, can I not use the "SINCE expression" instead of the "FOR expression"?
I agree with your suggestion, but did I do some grammar mistake in my version?

and you improved my vocabulary, I didn't know what is DUE TO, now I know its meaning...

Thank you so much!

Rafael,

I did not use in my mind because it is some what redundant since all fears are in the mind.

I used For the last .. to indicate an indefinate time and since would indicate an definate time such as "Since 2008 ...

Hope this helps.

Again thanks for replying and allowing me to try and help your studies of the English language.
Bill,

Now I understand the difference between FOR THE LAST and SINCE.

With respect to the sentence below, what do you think about it?
"From about two or three years ago, I have had a fear of loosing..."

Again, thanks!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

Now I understand the difference between FOR THE LAST and SINCE.

With respect to the sentence below, what do you think about it?
"From about two or three years ago, I have had a fear of loosing..."

Again, thanks!

Rafael,

In this contex From and Since would have the same meaning and For is still the prefered word.

Good questions.
thanks for your help!
I could understand perfectly your explanation.
I think it's cockroach :o .Maybe because when I was a child I remember it climbed from my foot till my neck.Just chills me the thought of that slimy thing.But about any othe insect I have no problem at all.I just think they're perfect creatures of God.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
How about "... cockroach crawled up my leg until it reached my neck", "... as far up as my neck"?

Instead of "But about any other insect..." you might have chosen to say and write, "As for the other insects..."

Of course, I do not possess the final word on writing. Others please correct my errors. Thank you.
I'm afraid of frogs and snakes :O
Don't laugh, it's serious. Hehe!
Marcio_Farias escreveu:How about "... cockroach crawled up my leg until it reached my neck", "... as far up as my neck"?

Instead of "But about any other insect..." you might have chosen to say and write, "As for the other insects..."

Of course, I do not possess the final word on writing. Others please correct my errors. Thank you.

Thank you so much Márcio for the special atention.I was looking for words to describe better and what you explained sounds much much better!
Gracias amigo.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
i'm afraid to kill someone xD