What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Rafael,

Yes, and to paraphrase "My Fair Lady", "I think he's got it. By George he's got it!" ;) :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I hope it's not to late to tell about my New Year's Resolutions.

I've promisse to myself that I'm going to study a lot to get better grades at the high school. I have to finish it as soon as possible =)

I want to practice sports frequently than I used to in 2010. I'll get prepared to swim marathons and participate in some biathlons.

Another objective I put throught this year is be in the right way to get the betters opportunities, especially at work!

So, how it sounds ? Don't know if I've written it so good as people here did.

Regards!
My resolutions is make more than i make in 2010, all in right direction of course, that include speak english fluently and correct some mistakes on write... that is why i am here :b
phnino escreveu:I hope it's not to late to tell about my New Year's Resolutions.

I've promisse to myself that I'm going to study a lot to get better grades at the high school. I have to finish it as soon as possible =)

I want to practice sports frequently than I used to in 2010. I'll get prepared to swim marathons and participate in some biathlons.

Another objective I put throught this year is be in the right way to get the betters opportunities, especially at work!

Regards!

Phnino,

Please compare my rewrite to your original and determine why I made the changes that I did, then let me know if you understand or if you have any questions.

I've promised myself that I am going to study more in order to get better grades in high school, which I have to finish as soon as possible.

I want to practice sports more frequently this year than I did in 2010, preparing to swim in marathons and participating in some biathlons.

Another of my objectives is to be prepared to grasp better opportunities as they present themselves, especially at work.

Please let me know how I have done with writing this posting.
Voelho escreveu:My resolutions is make more than i make in 2010, all in right direction of course, that include speak english fluently and correct some mistakes on write... that is why i am here :b

Veolho,

I am not sure if what I am suggesting, in the form of a rewrite, is what you intended, however if you will please compare it to your original and let me know what you think especially if you have any questions.

My New Year's Resolutions are to make more self improvements than I did in 2010, especially by improving my English fluency, both spoken and written. I have joined English Experts, in the hope of obtaining assistance in this endeavor.
Yes, it's something like this, a "formal manner" to write and speak :D
So i have one question... Is really necessary to write the subject in the answer? Like "My New Year's Resolutions are...", in portuguese, for example, most of times we don't say that. Is for spend less time i guess...
Voelho,

While it is not absolutely necessary, I try to show a "complete" sentence, which leaves nothing to the imagination.
My relolutions are, ... . would be correct.
w.slayman escreveu:
phnino escreveu:I hope it's not to late to tell about my New Year's Resolutions.

Regards!

Phnino,

Please compare my rewrite to your original and determine why I made the changes that I did, then let me know if you understand or if you have any questions.

I've promised myself that I am going to study more in order to get better grades in high school, which I have to finish as soon as possible.

I want to practice sports more frequently this year than I did in 2010, preparing to swim in marathons and participating in some biathlons.

Another of my objectives is to be prepared to grasp better opportunities as they present themselves, especially at work.

Please let me know how I have done with writing this posting.

Perfectly! I'm always making the same basic mistakes!
Thanks for you help and support. After reading what you wrote I knew what I need to study to get better in written.

[]'s
Phnino,

I am happy that I was able to help you, as well as all my friends here on EE.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I'm reading what wrote and it's funny to see that I haven't pratice sports since there, but I got prepared for better opportunities!

It'll be nice if everyone who has written come back at the end of the year!