What are your plans for your next vacation?

In my next vacation I'll go to a Vacation Camp ;)
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
YamiWTH escreveu:In my next vacation I'll go to a Vacation Camp ;)
Yami,

While your sentence is correct I would like to suggest that you use the more common phrase of, "For my next" in place of "In"In my next". "In" implies being inside or within something, whereas "For" in this contex is all inclusive of your vacation time.

Except for this subtle difference in connotation excellent grammer and construction.
For my next vacation, I'm going to a Bahia's tour.
I hope to enjoy as much as I can.
dougdyd escreveu:For my next vacation, I'm going to a Bahia's tour.
I hope to enjoy as much as I can.
Doug,

If you do not mind I would like to suggest a few changes as shown in this rewrite, please see if you can determine why I made them.

"For my next vacation, I'm going on a tour of Bahia, which I hope to enjoy very much."

I hope that I can help you in your studies of the English Language, at least the American version of it.
I'm planing to travel to Guarujá - that's a beach on Brazil, and there is too warm, warmer than my city. Too cool!
renatho 1
Hello folks...

Well , For my next vacation, I'm going to Switzerland, My mother lives there, So I'm going to visit her there and to make a tour in that beautiful and cold country. I'll kill my will of climbing moutain there... hehe.

That's it...
bye bye
take care guys...

(Bill , is there anything wrong? please correct me =D )
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
i'll relax and study english a little. Take advantege of friends and family very much! :?: :lol:
renatho escreveu:Hello folks...

[/i][/b]Well , For my next vacation, I'm going to Switzerland, My mother lives there, So I'm going to visit her there and to make a tour in that beautiful and cold country. I'll kill my will of climbing moutain there... hehe.

That's it...
bye bye
take care guys...

(Bill , is there anything wrong? please correct me =D )
Renatho,

Please try this and see if you like it better.

"Well, for my next vacation I'm going to Switzerland, to visit my mother who lives there. While there I plan on taking a tour of that beautiful and cold country, and also cure myself of my facination of mountain climbing."

You do not capitalize the word following a comma unless it is otherwise required. You take a tour not make a tour. In the last sentence I think the word choice is better, and in English mountain comes before climbing.

Please let me know what you think.
renatho 1
Hello bill

I was wondering if 'make a tour' was right, thank you for clear it up.
And about the last sentence I didn't really know if 'kill the will' was right, is that expression wrong?
keep on helping us to clear up our questions.
So I want to thank you for all tips.

take care
bye bye.
renatho escreveu:Hello bill

I was wondering if 'make a tour' was right, thank you for clear it up.
And about the last sentence I didn't really know if 'kill the will' was right, is that expression wrong?
keep on helping us to clear up our questions.
So I want to thank you for all tips.

take care
bye bye.
Hi Renatho,

May I again suggest some corrections. A proper name is always capitolized so it should be Renatho, or Bill, and ... thank you for clearing it up. Kill the will could be technically correct but I can not recall ever hearing it used in this contex. ... thank you for all the tips.
Logan18 1
My vacations plans are to take advantage of the beautiful places of Rio de Janeiro and enjoy the best sights which Rio has.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
nothing.. im savin' my money! i'll travel to London :D
WhosRenato escreveu:nothing.. im savin' my money! i'll travel to London :D

Renato,

How about this rewrite. "I have no plans for this vacation, because I'm saving my money to travel to London for a future vacation."

Please let me know if you need help understanding why I made the changes that I did.
well,for my next vacation,i'm going to USA(ORLANDO) with my family and my cousin for my third time and i will go to enjoy very much...
I'm planning a tour to Santos for my next vacation, because I was born there and my parents have a lot of friends in this city that they don't see a lot of time. It's going to be a pleasure for other reason, since that is the city of my football time, SANTOS. Maybe I'll watch some play soccer.
gabriel barbosa escreveu:well,for my next vacation,i'm going to USA(ORLANDO) with my family and my cousin for my third time and i will go to enjoy very much...
Gabriel,

Please see what you think of this revision of your post, and let me know why I made the changes.

For my next vacation, I will be making my third trip to Orlando, Florida with my immediate family and one cousin, we hope to have a very enjoyable time there.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
ENG_rafael escreveu:I'm planning a tour to Santos for my next vacation, because I was born there and my parents have a lot of friends in this city that they don't see a lot of time. It's going to be a pleasure for other reason, since that is the city of my football time, SANTOS. Maybe I'll watch some play soccer.
Rafael,

If I may I would like to suggest a few minor changes in your post as indicated by the underlined words. Please let me know if you understand why I made the changes.

I'm planning to tour Santos for my next vacation, because I was born there and my parents have a lot of friends in that city that they have not seen in a long time. It's going to be a pleasure for another reason, and since that is the city of my football team, SANTOS. Maybe I'll watch them play some soccer.

I hope this helps your study of English, and again please let me know what you think.
Bill,

I understand your changes in my message and I enjoyed them, but I have two doubts that rose when I comparred my version with your version.

In the first line, you wrote: "I'm planning to tour Santos for my next vacation...". You put TOUR as a verb, but, can I put it as a noun without grammar confusion, like it's below?
"I'm planning a tour of Santos for my next vacation..."

In the third line, you wrote: "It's going to be a pleasure for another reason, and since that is the city of my football team, SANTOS."
I mean "the another reason" is Santos to be the city of my football team. So, I don't understand the meaning of the AND. So, what do you think about it?
"It's going to be a pleasure for another reason, since that is the city of my football team, SANTOS."

I used to use SINCE also as a BECAUSE. Can is it true? If it's wrong, maybe it confused you.

Thanks a lot!
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

I understand your changes in my message and I enjoyed them, but I have two doubts that rose when I comparred my version with your version.

In the first line, you wrote: "I'm planning to tour Santos for my next vacation...". You put TOUR as a verb, but, can I put it as a noun without grammar confusion, like it's below?

(...)
Rafael,

I guess you can say "I'm planning a tour around Santos ...", but let's wait Bill comment about.
And, welcome to the forum!

I've been to Santos once. Don't miss the opportunity to visit the aquarium, this is amazing!
Flávia,
My parents that lived there for six years told me about the aquarium... they also had an opportunity to go into a submarine in that city... LOL
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

In the third line, you wrote: "It's going to be a pleasure for another reason, and since that is the city of my football team, SANTOS."
I mean "the another reason" is Santos to be the city of my football team. So, I don't understand the meaning of the AND. So, what do you think about it?
"It's going to be a pleasure for another reason, since that is the city of my football team, SANTOS."

I used to use SINCE also as a BECAUSE. Can is it true? If it's wrong, maybe it confused you.

Thanks a lot!
Rafael,

Yes you can use tour as a verb or as a noun as you did in your excellent question above.

Your use of since as written in your correction above is also correct, and in some cases such as this one, since and because are interchangable. I used the conjunction and as a bridge between two different thoughts in a complex sentence.

In English just as in Portuguese the placement of one word in a sentence is critical to convey the true meaning of what one is trying to say, and sometimes I have to guess. :oops: ;)

I hope that answers your questions.

Thank you for replying and allowing me to try and help you in your studies.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Bill,

Through your explanation I could understand better the using of TOUR as a verb and as a noun. I also understand why you used the conjuction AND in that sentence.

I appreciate your help!
Rafael and Everyone,

Thank you for the opportunity to help you with your studies, and for your replys to my posts. Your interest is appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have, and rest assured that I will TRY to answer them, and that I will never disparage your questions. :D

For your vocabulary,
disparage
I do not know when will be my vacation, but I wanted to study English a lot and, if possible, traveling somewhere.
My unique plain is: sleep, sleep and sleep more.... 24 hours
My plan for my next vacation, which is next December and January, is just study English xD And planning my next three years. And... sometimes I can hang out with my friends, go to the movies or something like that. Watch a lot of Tv series (in english with no subtitle). That's it! It's not a big deal, but it's better than nothing.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
My GREAT plan is staying home, reading a lot, studying English and perhaps, spending a week in Recife - PE . Well, my next vacation may not be very hectic, but I really need to be quiet and think about my aims for the next year.
Jedson 2 2
On my vacation I'll be studying for government public tender and also improving my English!
ernando 2
I don't know exactly when I'll have new vacations because of a strike that arrived in my school this year. But I intend to spend some time in the beach, and getting to know new places in my state (Ceará).
I'll go to Búzios to spend a feel days.