What can we do to leave a better planet for our children?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
We can recycle of the papers, plastic bottle, alumin.
In my opinion, our governaments will nedd, attencion this problem. This is serious and very important.
Bill,

Yes, I do agree with you that "firstly" and "secondly" seems to be quite informal to this context, but I did not know that it was obsolete.

I have read our texts several times in order to compare with each other properly so that I could see the differences between them. It`s not easy to comment on someone`s writing, specially yours, that for me is perfect. You have always been able to convey your ideas clearly through straight and adequate phrases. What can I say more?

By the way, I have a doubt in what you wrote in the end of the last paragraph: "increasing investments in infrastructures which have the potential of improving the lot of the people." What is the meaning of "the lot" here? Is it correct, or you meant "the lives"?

Thank you very much!!
Avatar do usuário Gabi 715 1 1 13
One of the things we should do is always avoid wasting. Always thinking of how to make the most of
what we use and be aware that we can reuse, recycle, transform it in somehing else or instead of chucking it out , giving it to someone else, things we don't want or don't need anymore.

e.g. - Do you know when we are cooking and we need to chop up some garlic, onion or anything else that
can make our hands smelly?
To get your hands off smell, don't go for the washing-up liquid, first try some salt dissoveld in warm water, it will do as good as a handwash and like that you don't need washing-up, keep at least a bit of running water detergent free.

It's something small, considering a week, a month, a year doing this, it'll be a great thing.
ailime escreveu:Bill,

..." What is the meaning of "the lot" here? Is it correct, or you meant "the lives"?

Thank you very much!!

Ailime,

Lot as used in this post means lives, and is, as I thought, listed as a synonym in my Synonyms Theasaurus. It probably was not the best choice of words, especially when conversing with a non native speaker, as this meaning is somewhat obscure.

I stand corrected, and extend my apologies for my unintentional obfuscation. ;) :D
Bill,

I really did not know that. It`s new for me.
Thank you very much for answering me.
Firstly we need to make people bear in their minds that preserves the environment is very important to improve our quality of life. Secondly we must decrease the emission of polluting gases on the environment and agreeing with Renan said we need to recycling everything I can, to change what we've done to the environment year after years. So, guys let's do our part to leave a better planet for ours children!
We should have whatever a little. Like intelligence, that is the most important - people are not this way like before. Several times I caught me thinking about that, but I think it's almost impossible, because we can't change the world n the situations alone, we need us more than anytime.. and people don't care about that.
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 810 1 18
Mainly, think about the others everytime you take an action.
That saves everything.
My wonder is: is that hard to do? :|

Cut lines, watch your cell phone instead your walk, rush into a train instead let people get off first, turn up your sh*t music as louder as you can in crowded places... typical third world actions.
I say, unbelievably selfish/sociopathic people lacking of common sense you may find everywhere, even in socially perfect Finland, Netherlands,etc..

But in Brazil.. it's kinda.. I don't know.. :| you gotta be closed in your social circle to live 100% well..
In Brazil, money buys isolation to keep you away from the povão.
It's a true and sad situation.
Living among highly educated people like in Japan or UK, it never even crosses your mind to try to win the lottery.
Being respected and with Freedom to do what you want, what else would you want?
Hi Folk,

I think we should to improve the education, because the world is get worse on each generation.
Ten years ago, we didn't see assault against our professors or teachers!

What about people on traffic in São Paulo? Polite?

Hugs,
Eduardo
Eduardo Souza escreveu:Hi Folk,

I think we should to improve the education, because the world is get worse on each generation.
Ten years ago, we didn't see assault against our professors or teachers!

What about people on traffic in São Paulo? Polite?

Hugs,
Eduardo

Eduardo,

May I offer a few suggestions, in the form of a rewrite, to improve your post. Please let me know what you think.

"I think we should improve the discipline in the education system, it appears to get worse with each generation, for example, ten years ago we never heard about assults against professors or teachers, which is an everyday occurance now.

I would also like to address the problem of the drivers in Sao Paulo and their lack of manners, or concern for the rights of others."