What did you learn from the last book you read?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
The last book I read was "John" by Cynthia Lennon. It's just amazing, it tells how Beatles became "The Beatles" in a non-musically perspective, it tells a lot about backstage stories and how was John and Cyn's relationship.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário EugenioTM 320 9
I've read 'mentes ansiosas' by dra Beatriz Barbosa Silva, and I've learned that we must respect people with mental desorders, because it's not their fault, those are deseases like any others, and that 80% of the global population had, or will have some problems with anxiety. I've found this one a really interesting book!
The last book I read show me that life can be very, very, very hard and when you think it's enough... It can get even harder.

That book I read was Les Misérables .
The last book I read was "Pulmão de aço" by Eliana Zagui, and I learned that we should enjoy the live and thanks, because there are people that are worse than we , a lot of people are sick and live at the hospital. I loved the book. It was a big reflection for my live !!! It's a real history !!
I dislike reading. I know that I should read more, but I can spend my time reading a book. :(
To be one best people
i read the return of the little prince and i learn to respect people!
Learned that when you die, the people quickly forget about you.
I've just finished to read "Em guarda contra o perigo vermelho" by Rodrigo Motta. He is a historian. One of the parts of his book is about the relationship between Catholic Church and Communism. Motta explains with a lot of details how the church created representations against communists and helped to make persecutions against the Communism defenders, mainly in 1930s, in Brazil. The communists didn't give too much importance to God or family. That's why the Catholic Church built some representations saying the communists were devil's sons. Everybody has the right of not believing in God or family and of having a different explanation for the world of what the church tries to impose to us.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39825 6 32 695
I have read Twister a set of short stories, by Jeffrey Deaver, its plots lead you to think that it will end up in a certain way, and then they completely (or almost) change. The guy is a writer coach at University, turned novelist. I learned that life isn´t always all it crack to be, but then, I knew that already.

The Antagonist a story of Flavius Silva versus Eleazar Ben Yair. The former Roman procurator of Judea, and the latter a Jew. Both leaders, one was the commander of the Xth legion; and the other, a jew, the leader of Masada. Wedged in-between, the love of the General for a jewess...and much drama on the book, good read. What did I learn? well, the author depicts very well the weaknesses of the human nature. Don´t matter your rank or position in society, you may have fears, vices, moral faults. It´s life (ces´t la vie), and one more thing, sometimes is the ones of the same tribe, city or country, that may decide give a leader a hard time. :P

Executive Power, a thriller that involves the American President and his security staff, including Mitch Rapp, a former SEAL guy turned CIA advisor. Yet, Rapp can´t help himself, he ends up involved into action himself. The highlight here is the descriptive skills of Vince. I mean, the human drama, several human traits like how people get frustratred, get fed up with red tape, corruption (never on the part of the American characters, though, ha ha).
The author uses good comtemporary language, good to one that wants to build up vocabulary. Provided that the reader is capable of tolerating some description of violence, though. Be warned. Other thing I learned? the novel/thriller is a big brick of a novel, with its 517 pages! definitely not the faint!. :shock: :lol:

I am reading Jalna, the Witheoaks of Jalna -saga, Book 7, by Mazo de La Roche. She was born in Toronto, disliked life in urban cities, moved to a farm. No wonder the book is set in a little city, but with a good and simple narrative, I like it. What I learned here is that I like a simple life, sometimes I crave for it. As in real life, we need a break from time to time, this book is a literary break of sorts for me.