What game did you most like to play as a child?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Bill,

I am sure that I found "on the right way" in some spot on this forum, probably it was used by a British English self-taught, but thanks to you I am on the right track now, since American English is my focus. I had not paid attention to using "care" instead of "careful", similarly I am on the right track now. :D

Here is a question: you omitted "to" in "Would anyone understand football with some meaning different I intended to". Due to what? Is "to" unnecessary (because the meaning is crystal clear) or a mistake?

Take care!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

I am ...tack now. :D

Here is a question: you omitted "to" in "Would anyone understand football with some meaning different I intended to". Due to what? Is "to" unnecessary (because the meaning is crystal clear) or a mistake?

Take care!

Rafael,

I used, ... "some meaning different "from what" I intended.", or in the alternative you could have written "... some meaning different than the one I intended to express", or again in another alternative you could have written, " ...some different meaning than the one I intended, "

I hope this answers your question, let me know.
Bill,

Okay, I agree with your suggestions, they are very clear.

But, may I consider "some meaning different from what I intended" equals to "some meaning different I intended to"? My question is about the usage of to, I am not confident about it, sorry if I have been insistent on this issue.

Thanks, I am glad for your help!
ENG_rafael escreveu:Bill,

Okay, I agree with your suggestions, they are very clear.

But, may I consider "some meaning different from what I intended" equals to "some meaning different I intended to"? My question is about the usage of to, I am not confident about it, sorry if I have been insistent on this issue.

Thanks, I am glad for your help!

Rafael,

See: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/to

As used in your sentence "to" is a preposition (function word) and as such it must have something to relate to, in order for it, to make sense and be correct.

I hope this makes sense to you, if not maybe we can schedule an IM session to solve the mystery.
Bill,

An IM session is not necessary, afterwards I read your last post I guess understood how to use to.

Thanks for your patience!
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2170 7 53
Hi,

Besides soccer, I used to play Playmobil, Falcon, Banco Imobiliário and War. Those were my favourites!

Regards.
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2170 7 53
felipeh6 escreveu:Hi,

Besides soccer, I used to play Playmobil, Falcon, Banco Imobiliário and War. Those were my favourites!

Regards.

By the way, se você quer saber como dizer Banco Imobiliário em Inglês, veja neste post:

como-dizer-banco-imobiliario-em-ingles-t14145.html

Regards!
Avatar do usuário Frank Florida 210 5
I was addicted to Legos when I was a kid... I would take all my toys apart and throw all the pieces in a big box, and then put them back together again and even make up my own toys... the problem was that it always took me ages to find the pieces I needed! :? This was my favorite - does anybody still remember this thing?? Lol
My favorite game when I was little (8-10 years) was playing cops and robbers and hide and seek. After that time I stared to use video games and my childhood turns into being before a TV playing games as GTA and Crash.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
when I was child, I used to play soccer on the street and played a game called "bandeirinha"