What is the best book you've ever read?

I like Dan Brown's books, I have read Lost Simbol, Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress.
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
I've read "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho.
But i like read some books by Jane Austen. This Author show us the reality of the English society but it uses a complicated vocabulary.
I try to focus on historic books.. I like to read books that makes me grow up , do you understand? The last and great book that i read was`` karl marx was a satanist``? by richard wurmbrand , an romenian pastor tortured by the communist soldiers in the 70` times. In this book , the author shows many evidences of karl marx and the satanic practices , where we can conclude the relactions of satanism and karl marx.. An amazing book that want to spread for everyone who wants know more about history.
The best book I've ever read was Les Miserables, written by Victor Hugo.This is a story about a man called Jean Valjean, who was imprisioned for had been stolen a bread and when he get free he knows a bishop called Monsenhor Benvindo.This meeting changed all Jean Valjean's life, who only knew the coldness of human's society and for the first time he was receveid with kindness.This is an amazing book and there are many good thoughts of Victor Hugo about God,politics and human values.
I could not think about just one book. I love books, I have lots! But the best ones are: Harry Potter (series), The Lord of the Rings (series), all books of Shakespeare, all books of Nicholas Sparks.
The best book I have ever read.... is a "Trilogy" of 5 Books called The Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy. It's a Sci-FI/Comedy collection who tells the story of Arthur Dent, the last survivor from the Earth's destruction, traveling across the Galaxy. Laughed my guts out reading them xD
Talks about politics,economics, human nature, all with a pretty good sense of humor.
One of the most genius things I've ever read.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
Cinnamon 16 60 498
That's pretty hard... Let me see I like Harry Potter - the seven books...(if you've never read the British version you have no right to say OK!!!)
Dan Brown - that's not documentary, but in terms of fiction it's nice...
I love epics The lord of the Rings, the original in English, is amazing...
But my favorite is Ramses (five books witten by an egyptologist)...
A unique masterpiece!!
:mrgreen:
The best book I have read is "1808" by Laurentino Gomes.

That's a book which should be study in all scholls of Brazil, because it tells a part of the brazilian history which the most brazilians don't know or know only some aspects.

By the way, the book makes the history seems easy to study and tells what is important about that important date for the brazilian history.
The Lord of the Rings, surely.
I've read many books, but this was the best, I think it better than the movie.
I need to say... I read "How to talk with girls" but in portuguese :(
This book was written by an American Child, his name is Alec Greven. It is a little book and is very interesting.
I think that this book in English is good to improve your reading. I recommend. :)
Hi, how are you?

I love read adventures books, and i ever read the Maze Runner, this book talk about a place, and in this place have only boys and they fight with monsters. Looks like books for children, but no, its a very good book.

This book have for sale in Saraiva and anothers places.

Tks! You should read more Adventure Books!! hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
Well, maybe this is not the best one, but it is the last one.

I just finished "The Good Luck of Right Now". The writer is Matthew Quick and it talks about a man who loss his lovely mother and now he has to move on.

It's a 40's man who never had worked before and, through letters for Richard Gere (yeah, the movie actor) he explain his feelings and new goals life. He is a very catholic man and studying about Richard Gere's history he learn about the Buddhism and synchronicity and how this can touch his life.

It's that kind of history like "Forrest Gump", that you cheer for the character and fell happy at end.

I really recommend it!
I have read a few hundred books, so this is a tough call for me. First, I must say what makes a book great for me:
I. It must have a great plot - the characters have to be interesting and they should develop as the story goes on. If, at the end of a book, a character remains the same as in the start, that is likely to have been a bad novel.
II. The writing must be satisfactory - I'm not talking about grammar and spelling, which are basic. The prose must have quality and the style must be unique (I can't point out something worse than the feeling that what I'm reading is derivative of someone else's work). Authors who delve into their dictionaries so as to find and utilize archaic terms to showcase unordinary literacy are also fairly dismaying.
III. The story must bring me something new - it ought to introduce me to something that I have not seen before and which excites me: a new culture, a different country, diverse characters, life-changing lessons, a particular writing style, etc. When I read a book that feels like everything else 's work, I feel so disenchanted.
With those points in mind, I could point out any of the following books as being among the best I've read to this day: José Saramago's As intermitências da Morte (Death With Interruptions), George Orwell's Animal Farm and 1984, Gabriel García Marquez's Cem Anos de Solidão (One Hundred Years of Solitude), Èmile Zola's Germinal and Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis.

Bye!
I think the best book that I read was "The Book Thief". It's about a child that lives in Germany during the Second World War. The narrator of history is the death.
I have read Lord of the rings and I loved!! For me is the best, but I like to The Mists of Avalon, I love stories that have knights, horses and fights!!
Harry Potter was the best ever for me, I wish I find another book as good as Harry Potter.
Hi guys,

I read a lot of really good books, but i think that the better was "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It is the story of the Buendia family that live in the town of Macondo.
But I could mention Orwell's "1984", Puzo's "Godfather", Tolkien's "Hobbit" and Ramos' "Barren Lives".
Marcos Ricardo escreveu:I have read Lord of the rings and I loved!! For me is the best, but I like to The Mists of Avalon, I love stories that have knights, horses and fights!!
Hey man, I suggest to you "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George RR Martin. I think you will like it.
Actually I preferring fantasy's books. I'm reading The Witcher book's series, but until now I just read two books and the full series has seven books. Also, I read the five books of series the Chronicles of Ice and Fire, these books are amazing! I don't know best book that I've ever read, I think that all books that I've read are good in different ways.
I read the five books of series the Chronicles of Ice and Fire, these books are great!
I'm not a fan reading (yet), but the one I liked is:

Title: Echo Park
Author: Michael Connelly

The original is in English, but I read the Portuguese version. It's a police thriller book.

:geek: ;)
Hard to quote one, I love reading, I'm always reading. But, Twilight, Harry Potter, Gossip Girl, The Da Vinci Code and others.
I still have this: the bible :)