What is the hardest aspect of English for you to learn?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: What is the hardest aspect of English for you to learn?

Examples of answers:

- The correct use of punctuation.
- Determining singular and plural verbs and nouns.
- Knowing when it is proper to use informal English.
- Speaking or writing complex or compound sentences.

Now it is your turn.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Hello,

To be honest, getting the rithym is the hardest of English to me. Surely it is crystal clear for anyone that using propositions is difficult, such as learning phrasal verbs, idioms, slangs and so futher. But, I think it is difficult to become familiar with English in order to be natural in speechs, readings, writtings and listenings, and it takes us a long time, perhaps our entire life.

Well, that is what I think and I am looking towards to opinions from my friends on the forum.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Speaking or writing complex or compound sentences. I have lived with the fear of writing away at subjects of which I have little or no practical knowledge.
Hi there!

I've been learning English for two years and the hardest aspect to me is speaking English, because I don't have practiced such skill.

This year my plan is get this skill improved to such dreamed fluency.

Hugs,
Eduardo
Listening. If you understand what other people are saying, you're able to communicate with them. If not, no way!
Eduardo Souza escreveu:Hi there!

I've been learning English for two years and the hardest aspect to me is speaking English, because I don't have practiced such skill.

Hugs,
Eduardo

Eduardo,

Please consider this rewrite of your post and determine why I made the changes, then let me know if you have any questions or not, keeping in mind that there is more than one way to correctly write a sentence.

"I have been studying English for two years, and the hardest aspect for me is speaking, because I have not been able to practice. This year I plan on improving my speaking skills, in order to gain the fluency level that I have dreamed of."
w.slayman escreveu:
Eduardo Souza escreveu:Hi there!

Hugs,
Eduardo

Eduardo,

Please consider this rewrite of your post and determine why I made the changes, then let me know if you have any questions or not, keeping in mind that there is more than one way to correctly write a sentence.

"I have been studying English for two years, and the hardest aspect for me is speaking, because I have not been able to practice. This year I plan on improving my speaking skills, in order to gain the fluency level that I have dreamed of."

Thank you Bill!

You help me a lot!

Hugs
I feel insecure when I have to say something in english, I have afraid of making mistakes. So, for me the most hard aspect of english is talk.
Claiene escreveu:I feel insecure when I have to say something in english, I have afraid of making mistakes. So, for me the most hard aspect of english is talk.

Claiene and all members,

One of my upcoming "columns" to be published in the blog section on the home page of English Experts will be on this very subject. I hope that all of you read it and then possibly become less insecure about speaking English.

While I am here I would like to rewrite your post to point out a few errors, please let me know if you understand the changes and if you have any questions. By the way any member of "EE" is welcome to ask questions about any of my posts.

"I feel insecure when I have to say something in English, because I am afraid of making mistakes. So for me the hardest aspect of English is speaking."
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I am also afraid of speaking in English, due to that for the last two months I have practiced that language with a friend of mine, we both need to develop our communication and self-confidence when speaking in English, so not better than improve these qualities with whom we are not so afraid of making mistakes. I have noticed some very impressive improvement since we started practing it, so I promissed to myself that I will do that kind of thing while it be possible.

As I am a college student and there are plenty of people around me who need to practice conversation, I intend to invite more friends to my conversational meetings in order to help not only myself, but anyone who wants to learn English. For sure there is not too much time avaliable for college students, but I think one hour and a half a week is enough for my purposes.