What is your biggest pet peeve?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
My biggest pet peeve are people who are extremely impolite and inconsiderate. I can not stand people who throw away empty cans, papers, wrappers or plastic bags through the windows of the car. :| What a terrible behaviour! In the same way, people Jumping the line drives me crazy too,especialy when I see Brazilians doing this in foreign countries, I feel extremely ashamed and angry.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
ailime escreveu:My biggest pet peeve are people who are extremely impolite and inconsiderate. I can not stand people who throw away empty cans, papers, wrappers or plastic bags through the windows of the car. :| What a terrible behaviour! In the same way, people Jumping the line drives me crazy too,especialy when I see Brazilians doing this in foreign countries, I feel extremely ashamed and angry.

Ailime,

I had to read the first sentence several times to make sure, but I think you have an error. :? I would submitt that since your subject is "pet peeve", a singular noun then the verb needs to be singular also e.g. "My biggest pet peeve is, people ... . I know that it sounds cumbersome but I think it is grammaticaly correct. While your third sentence is grammatically correct the use of the indefinate article "a" might not be used in everyday conversation in the U.S., we would more often than not say, "What terrible behaviour."

I am having to dig to the "Bottom of the barrel" to find any nits to pick ( ;) :roll: ). As good or better than most native English (American) speakers would have done. A tip of the hat to you. :D :D
Bill,

Terrible basic mistakes, indeed.
You are so gentle!

Thanks!!!
Well, my biggest pet peeve is people doesn't be able to learn something or change a bad behavior. All of us know this kind of people who guesses is better than us because does something for more time than us, even though we are not wrong. I know a lot of people like that.
Nice phrasal verb.Is it a phrasal verb?Anyway,my biggest pet peeve is when i listen or when i read about something that seems totally in disagreement with what the person is trying to do or where the person is trying to get with the story.Like when today when i was listen to an interview with José Serra and he was talking a lot about his political plans on TVE.And then he was asked:"what about the homossexual union" and he said:"well,I think this is not a political problem,but a churchs problem."How can it be a churchs problem when it is a civil union?I mean,i'm gonna still vote for him (i guess)but he shouldn't say such dumb thing.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Poodles. I know people say they are cute, but I simply can’t stand them. I have nothing against dogs, but poodles’ annoying bark gets on my nerves. If you have one in your house, please don’t invite me to go there. Or at least keep your cute dog very far from me.
Yes, I do agree with Flávia. Some poodles act in a way that really drive me crazy. I guess that they have some mental problems and should be submitted to psychiatric treatment.
ailime escreveu:Yes, I do agree with Flávia. Some poodles act in a way that really drive me crazy. I guess that they have some mental problems and should be submitted to psychiatric treatment.

Ailime (and Flavia),

I love poodles because they are so intelligent, enthrallingly lovable, and unwavering in their devotion to their masters.

Ailime, I have only one small correction to your grammar, in that I think "... submitted for psychiatric treatment." would be a better choice of prepositions. The preposition "to" would be correct in the sense of "submitting to a psychiatric facility for treatment."

Again, I am forced to quibble when reviewing your writing.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Bill,

I would tolerate your poodles if I went to visit you there in Florida :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
My biggest pet peeve is the tug that I feel in the rod when a fish bites the hook...

- I hate fishing.