What is your favorite city or region in Brazil and why?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Rio de Janeiro, The wonderful city. The girl from Ipanema's city. One of the seven wonders of the world's city. There are many interesting places there.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Hello!

Ipojuca is my favorite city, because there is the beach "Porto de Galinhas". It's very beautiful! The beach, the sea, the sky, the vegetation, the people, the food... It's all wonderful!!

Bye!
Actually this question is not fair to me as I have not visited all the regions of Brasil.

The people make a city or region attractive and to date the vast majority of the people of Brasil that I have got to know are honest, hard working, friendly and fun loving. While each neighborhood will presumptively have both good and bad inhabitants, my experience is that the vast majority of the people of Brasil are honest, hard working, friendly and vavacious.

From a strictly natural beauty point of view I would have to say that my favorite places are, in no particular order, Paraty, Fox do Iguacu, and the Pantanal.

I absolutely love the contrasts in architecture that one finds in almost any city, the vibrant colors, styles and age of the buildings are absolutely indescribable, and must be seen to be appreciated. Of special beauty are, again in no particular order, Luz Train Station, Metropolitan Cathederal, and Municipal Theater in Sao Paulo, Amazon Theater in Manaus, all of the Government Buildings in Brasilia, Christ the Redeemer in Rio, and almost any church in any town.

So in answer to what is my favorite city or region in Brasil, I must say that all of Brasil is my favorite. Ask an unfair question and get an evasive answer. :D hahahahaha :lol:

Bill Slayman
Pensacola, Florida
When we talk about São Paulo, we tend to say that we hate it because of the violence, pollution, traffic jam, impoliteness of some people... But, actually, we can not live out of it, we are kind of part of it.. I mean, I love this city. Of course, I do love travelling to the countryside to overlook a gorgeous landiscape, to breath a pure air, to dive in a clear transparent water, to see the deep blue sky; but, I have to admit that in the end, I`m looking forward to coming back home.
ailime escreveu:When we talk about São Paulo, we tend to say that we hate it because of the violence, pollution, traffic jam, impoliteness of some people... But, actually, we can not live out of it, we are kind of part of it.. I mean, I love this city. Of course, I do love travelling to the countryside to overlook a gorgeous landiscape, to breath a pure air, to dive in a clear transparent water, to see the deep blue sky; but, I have to admit that in the end, I`m looking forward to coming back home.

Ailime,

I would like to suggest some minor changes and have the Paragraph read as follows:

"When we talk about Sao Paulo, we tend to say that we hate it because of the violence, pollution, traffic jams, impoliteness of some people, but, in actuality we can not live outside it, in other words, I love this city. Of course, I do love travelling to the countryside to overlook a georgeous landscape, to breathe pure air, to dive in crystal clear water, to see the deep blue sky; but I have to admit that I am looking forward to coming back home at the end of the day."

As I said these changes are minor, and they simply contribute to better construction, word choice, and ease of reading.
Bill,

Your text is by far much better. Thank you very much for your correction!!
This is my first post here too!

Well, answering to the question: I don know many regions of the Brazil, only the Southeast.
And I love beaches and sunny places, so I think the northeast would be a very good place to live.
But the south of the country is also a very good place to live, if you think about the quality of life, and there we have alot of great universities!
I live in RJ. My city is the most beautiful in Brazil. Do I need to say something else? rsrs...
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
w.slayman escreveu:[...] Pensacola, Florida

Bill, in a way the name of the city you live in (Pensacola) sounds like Portuguese "Pensa na sacola" (Think of the bag). :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Salvador!Beautiful place,beautiful beachies.There a lot to do,you are never bored walking there,'cause the ocean fresh air does never aloud it.So if want be happy,one of the cities to visit is Salvador da Bahia! :geek: