What makes you happy?

God, , my family... and go to the school everyday and find my friends for talk. Many thigs make me happy, this is fact.
COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
dudac escreveu:God, , my family... and go to the school everyday and find my friends for talk. Many thigs make me happy, this is fact.

Dudac,

If I may, I would like to see something like this, "Many things make me happy, some are; God, my family, going to school everyday and meeting my friends to talk."
ailime 2
Simple things makes me happy. Live the life day by day, to the fullest, paying attention to a simple gesture that has a greatest value.
Ailime,

How about this?

Simple things make me happy. Living life to the fullest, day by day, and paying attention to a simple gesture that can have a great value.
ailime 2
Bill,

You are great!
Thank you again!
Being with those I love makes me happy!
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
Mayronpicolo,

Very nice, a concise and grammatically correct sentence that tells a complete thought.
My family and my friends!
God ^^
What makes me happy?
1- I guess it's the explained happiness.Like when you know why you're happy and it sounds completely logical.
2- ... and the unexplained happiness as well haha.
My family, my faith. I just NEED my little for being happy.. she is the reason for my happiness; everything that I swore I'd NEVER have; I could find everything in her, like.. my destiny, my light in a middle of the darkness. my all <3
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
What makes me happy are my friends. When I am well with them and go out with them, I'm fine.
I'm a kind of person that fells happy for many things... being with my friends, boyfriend and family. Speaking english. Each little accomplishment I get makes me happy. I could spend a day writing down all those things! ahaha
I can't think in anything! Maybe I've never experienced any happy moment, any so happy moment that I should remember, but I think that the nature makes me happy, appreciating the nature makes me happy, it' so beautiful and pleasant, one thing more that would make me happy (appreciating the nature of course) is my friends with me there. It would be very delightful.
It be near the people I love, my family, my friends. Travel, meet interesting places.
My friends, and kiss one woman
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Listen to K-POP...

Makes me think about South Korea (I want to live at South Korea)
Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what make me happy
felipeh6 7 58
Well, I'll resume that in one sentence of lyrics "Heaven" by Live:

"... I don't need no one to tell me about Heaven, I look at my daughter an I believe..."
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
HenriquePetry escreveu:[...] (I want to live at South Korea)
Just a minor correction. "I want to live in South..." You use "in" to signify you stand or remain at or within a place bigger than a village, for example. We should look at South Korea as a considerable territory demarcated by topographical conditions such as or depicted by mountains or flatlands and containing many towns and cities "in" which you might stay or freely move. Not "at" which.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
jeanfarias escreveu:Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what make me happy
Subject-verb agreement error alert.

One more minor correction. "... what makes me happy." This type of structure takes a third person singular verb.
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Márcio, what about Jean's sentence subject with two itens (playing video games + watching movies) + IS ?
Na verdade, a sentença está invertida, a ordem normal seria:

What makes me happy is playing video games and watching movies with friends.

Invertendo:

Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what makes me happy.

O verbo SEMPRE concorda com o sujeito, que no caso é o WHAT, colocando o -s no "make". Já com o verbo "to be", o sujeito é WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY, estando no singular e ficando IS.

Espero ter ajudado.
obrigado por mostrarem onde eu errei ;)

então o certo seria assim?
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Thank you, Leandro!
Olá gente, sou novato no fórum, eu tenho uma dúvida sobre a resposta do Jean.

"Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what makes me happy."
Eu traduziria assim : "Jogando video-games e assistindo filmes com meus amigos é oque me faz feliz." Não sei se a minha tradução está correta, mas se estiver, nao fica um tanto estranho ?

Tipo, eu responderia assim : "To play video games and to watch movies with my friends, this is what makes me happy."
Tá errada minha resposta ou minha tradução ? alguem me socorre por favor auehuaehuaeh >.<
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
juanpike escreveu:Olá gente, sou novato no fórum, eu tenho uma dúvida sobre a resposta do Jean.

Eu traduziria assim : "Jogando video-games e assistindo filmes com meus amigos é oque me faz feliz." Não sei se a minha tradução está correta, mas se estiver, nao fica um tanto estranho ?

Tipo, eu responderia assim : "To play video games and to watch movies with my friends, this is what makes me happy."
Tá errada minha resposta ou minha tradução ? alguem me socorre por favor auehuaehuaeh >.<
Hi Juan
Welcome to the forum.
Please check these topics out:
inicio-de-frase-com-ing-t1968.html
https://www.englishexperts.com.br/usos- ... nacao-ing/ (ITEM 2)
infinitivo-x-gerundio-x-quando-como-usa ... 10819.html
Alessandro 3 13 98
leandrocs1310 escreveu:Na verdade, a sentença está invertida, a ordem normal seria:

What makes me happy is playing video games and watching movies with friends.

Invertendo:

O verbo SEMPRE concorda com o sujeito, que no caso é o WHAT, colocando o -s no "make". Já com o verbo "to be", o sujeito é WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY, estando no singular e ficando IS.

Espero ter ajudado.
In English Please. It is forbidden to use Portuguese in this section.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.
Alessandro 3 13 98
jeanfarias escreveu:obrigado por mostrarem onde eu errei ;)

então o certo seria assim?

Alessandro 3 13 98
juanpike escreveu:Olá gente, sou novato no fórum, eu tenho uma dúvida sobre a resposta do Jean.