What makes you happy?

Regras do fórum
Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Flavia.lm 4085 1 10 94
Question: What makes you happy?

Answer: My mother’s food. Hugs. Friends calling when I least expect. Friends visiting. Being woken up with a kiss. Learning new things. Visiting new places. Meeting old friends. Talking to my grandma. Talking to babies. Seeing photos. Taking photos. Sunny days. Sleeping on the sofa. Unexpected smiles. Respect. Bursting out laughing. Doing nothing. Doing many things at the same time. Helping who needs. Just thinking. Planning. Dreaming. Thanking. Forgiving. Facing life as it is. Eating chocolate. Truth. Swimming. Singing alone at home. Inventing. Chatting. Picking on my sister. Cooking. Listening to a good song. Knowing He is always there. Smelling coffee. Finding what I’d lost. And some other things.

Now it’s your turn.
Cambly Brasil - Mensagem Patrocinada Faça uma Aula GRÁTIS de inglês com um professor de nativo e avalie se você é capaz de se comunicar com um estrangeiro. Consulte condições.

Começar agora!
91 respostas
Ordenar por: Autor

Agostinho_
there are some things that makes me happy, for example: to do something important in my job and to know someone interesting.

ailime 80 1
Simple things makes me happy. Live the life day by day, to the fullest, paying attention to a simple gesture that has a greatest value.

ailime 80 1
Bill,

You are great!
Thank you again!

Alejandra 20 2
Walking up on a sunny morning during my holiday and having time for myself cos today I dont have time for myself !!!!

Alessandro 3590 3 11 83
Walking my dog makes me happy!
English Experts - eBook Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!

Alessandro 3590 3 11 83
leandrocs1310 escreveu:Na verdade, a sentença está invertida, a ordem normal seria:

What makes me happy is playing video games and watching movies with friends.

Invertendo:

Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what makes me happy.

O verbo SEMPRE concorda com o sujeito, que no caso é o WHAT, colocando o -s no "make". Já com o verbo "to be", o sujeito é WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY, estando no singular e ficando IS.

Espero ter ajudado.
In English Please. It is forbidden to use Portuguese in this section.

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.

Alessandro 3590 3 11 83
jeanfarias escreveu:obrigado por mostrarem onde eu errei ;)

então o certo seria assim?
Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what makes me happy.

Alessandro 3590 3 11 83
juanpike escreveu:Olá gente, sou novato no fórum, eu tenho uma dúvida sobre a resposta do Jean.

"Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what makes me happy."
Eu traduziria assim : "Jogando video-games e assistindo filmes com meus amigos é oque me faz feliz." Não sei se a minha tradução está correta, mas se estiver, nao fica um tanto estranho ?

Tipo, eu responderia assim : "To play video games and to watch movies with my friends, this is what makes me happy."
Tá errada minha resposta ou minha tradução ? alguem me socorre por favor auehuaehuaeh >.<

Bacca
My family and my friends!

BiahCane 15
To be loved by my family and friends. That's all I nt.preciso and all I want.

BrunoCosta
What makes me happy?
1- I guess it's the explained happiness.Like when you know why you're happy and it sounds completely logical.
2- ... and the unexplained happiness as well haha.

christianne
Look my chidren all morning and see then smiling.

Crash
To be with my friends, to travel and arrive at home after a week of work.

danilorpo 5
Nowadays what have been my happiness is my daughter, actually she hasn't been born yet, however in a few days she's coming. The best feeling a human being may have is this. Have a son/daughter. It's unique. In a short words, everyone needs to love someone or something.

debbywar
My family. Talking with my frinds. My job. Listening music. Travel.
Studying english makes me happy.

;)

dudac
God, , my family... and go to the school everyday and find my friends for talk. Many thigs make me happy, this is fact.

Eduardo Souza
Hi folk,

My wife and traveling abroad.

Hugs,
Eduardo

ENG_rafael 10
Learning another languages like English and Spanish (this I am planning to be fluent very soon, but right now I am just a beginner), reading different kind of books, making new friends, spending time listening to what people think and have to tell and seeing how beatiful and remarkable is the life despite of its problems and unknown basis...
In general, plenty of things make me happy :D

ENG_rafael 10
Sleeping a lot makes me very happy, since I can rest at all after a long year of studies, pressure and stress.

ENG_rafael 10
ok Bill, thanks for your suggestion!
but if I want to say I am resting a lot, at all is unnecessary? Maybe in the context, the using of at all sounds awkward!

ENG_rafael 10
Bill,
Your understanding is correct and makes sense!
Thanks

erikastorino
When I wake up being by my boyfriend...when I hug my mum...

EugenioTM 350 11
Listen to new good songs, when a friend calls me to go out, ride my bike, study english, and especially learn new stuff and have fun!!

Eveline Cintra
God ^^

felipeh6 2255 7 56
Well, I'll resume that in one sentence of lyrics "Heaven" by Live:

"... I don't need no one to tell me about Heaven, I look at my daughter an I believe..."

Flavia.lm 4085 1 10 94
Being a member of this forum also makes me happy.

Flavia.lm 4085 1 10 94
Márcio, what about Jean's sentence subject with two itens (playing video games + watching movies) + IS ?

Flavia.lm 4085 1 10 94
Thank you, Leandro!

Flavia.lm 4085 1 10 94
juanpike escreveu:Olá gente, sou novato no fórum, eu tenho uma dúvida sobre a resposta do Jean.

"Playing video games and watching movies with friends is what makes me happy."
Eu traduziria assim : "Jogando video-games e assistindo filmes com meus amigos é oque me faz feliz." Não sei se a minha tradução está correta, mas se estiver, nao fica um tanto estranho ?

Tipo, eu responderia assim : "To play video games and to watch movies with my friends, this is what makes me happy."
Tá errada minha resposta ou minha tradução ? alguem me socorre por favor auehuaehuaeh >.<
Hi Juan
Welcome to the forum.
Please check these topics out:
inicio-de-frase-com-ing-t1968.html
https://www.englishexperts.com.br/usos- ... nacao-ing/ (ITEM 2)
infinitivo-x-gerundio-x-quando-como-usa ... 10819.html

English Experts - eBook Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!