What's your favorite movie quotation?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
O filme do livro "The Picture of Dorian Gray" manteve inúmeras frases irreverentes, sendo a maioria delas ditas pelo cáustico Lord Henry.

"If I could get back my youth, I'd do anything in the world except get up early, take exercise or be respectable."

"'Conscience.' It's just a polite word for 'cowardice.' No civilized man regrets a pleasure."

"There's no shame in pleasure. Man just wants to be happy. But society wants him to be good. And when he's good, he's rarely happy. But when he's happy, he's always good."

Tem tb o texto inicial do filme Trainspotting, q sempre me deixou meio perplexa, pq fala daquelas convenções q as pessoas esperam que sigamos. Era minha citação de cabeceira na adolecência, heheh. Hj em dia, já superei essa fase efusiva, mas confesso q ainda gosto mto:

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?"
"I have to tell you this and you need to hear it. I loved you since I met you, but I wouldn't allow myself to truly feel it until today. I was always thinking ahead, making decisions soaked with fear... Today, because of you... what I learned from you; every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed... and I've learned that if you do that, then you're living your life fully... it doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha if not for today, if not for you I would never have known love at all... So thank you for being the person who taught me to love... and to be love." - Antes que termine o dia
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2160 7 52
Adding some of my favorite movie quotes:

- "See what no one else sees. See what everyone chooses not to see... out of fear, conformity or laziness. See the whole world a new each day!" (Patch Adams)

- "If you kill him, he will win." (Seven);

- "We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round." (The Bucket List)

That's it!
Avatar do usuário Adriano Japan 760 1 17
Dude, I could spend a day quoting Senator/Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine's sayings, he's definitely one of the best characters ever!!! I like him! :D
Besides, Ian McDiarmid is scottish, and he's english is very nice and clear to hear.
Can't choose one right now, but for the moment..

Wipe them out. All of them.