What should be done to improve traffic conditions?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
My comments (and questions) may seem spaced out, but what type organization do our (oft-crowded or pot-holed) roads need? What keeps you from piloting a flying car?
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário felipeh6 2170 7 53
Marcio_Farias escreveu:My comments (and questions) may seem spaced out, but what type organization do our (oft-crowded or pot-holed) roads need? What keeps you from piloting a flying car?

Sorry to ask it, but... you're joking, aren't you?

No. I just hoped you would answer my questions. In my metaphysical interpretation of traffic improvability, the city councils in my city should follow Japan's quick way of rebuilding (earthquake-) damaged roads. It can rebuild an entire road in less than a week. It did it in 2010. My city councils, well, they should contract more road builders using high-class material and better road-building equipment. Either that or they should conceive a project for local aerial traffic safe enough for flying cars to zip through, fro and back. Of course, to drive one of these one should have flying lessons in an airplane almost similarly as one would have driving lessons in a car.

Local motorists, however, should change their views toward driving. Unfortunately you cannot change that overnight. Local motorists will still rather drive than fly. And even if local, road-rage motorists could fly, they would still need more than just flying lessons. This you can reasonably assume.

Nevertheless the day will come for a generation using solely quick-moving flying cars. By the time this effectively happens, we will have wheel-less personal vehicles pretty much like the Jetsons. (Just imagine flying over Mount Everest at your will or landing on a distant paradisical island on a sunny day after flying for a couple of days. How about paying Canada a week-long visit before heading for the UK across the Atlantic all in your personal flying car?)

Our own future daily routines may include hopping onto one of these and off you fly.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:No. I just hoped you would answer my questions. In my metaphysical interpretation of traffic improvability, the city councils in my city should follow Japan's quick way of rebuilding (earthquake-) damaged roads. It can rebuild an entire road in less than a week. It did it in 2010. My city councils, well, they should contract more road builders using high-class material and better road-building equipment. Either that or they should conceive a project for local aerial traffic safe enough for flying cars to zip through, fro and back. Of course, to drive one of these one should have flying lessons in an airplane almost similarly as one would have driving lessons in a car.

Local motorists, however, should change their views toward driving. Unfortunately you cannot change that overnight. Local motorists will still rather drive than fly. And even if local, road-rage motorists could fly, they would still need more than just flying lessons. This you can reasonably assume.

Nevertheless the day will come for a generation using solely quick-moving flying cars. By the time this effectively happens, we will have wheel-less personal vehicles pretty much like the Jetsons. (Just imagine flying over Mount Everest at your will or landing on a distant paradisical island on a sunny day after flying for a couple of days. How about paying Canada a week-long visit before heading for the UK across the Atlantic all in your personal flying car?)

Our own future daily routines may include hopping onto one of these and off you fly.

Hi Marcio,

But please, how to control the air traffic if everyone has its own vehicle flying around? The mess would be even bigger than in the roads, don't you think so?

Yes, controlling local air traffic would constitute a big problem, inasmuch as flying cars would have to share the air with helicopters. Yes again, air crashes would occur more frequently, it requiring more SAMU ambulances and aerial fire trucks. Just imagine how much intensive training that would require, you know, parachutes for all, survival tests, and the entire national transit code remade on the basis of it.

Come to think of it, you would not catch me driving a flying car. I'd rather go for a helicopter... if I have the dough to buy one, though.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:Yes, controlling local air traffic would constitute a big problem, inasmuch as flying cars would have to share the air with helicopters. Yes again, air crashes would occur more frequently, it requiring more SAMU ambulances and aerial fire trucks. Just imagine how much intensive training that would require, you know, parachutes for all, survival tests, and the entire national transit code remade on the basis of it.

Come to think of it, you would not catch me driving a flying car. I'd rather go for a helicopter... if I have the dough to buy one, though.

Hi Marcio,

Here you are: protótipo de carro flutuante

http://revista.pensecarros.com.br/especial/rs/editorial-veiculos/19,521,3750663,Volkswagen-apresenta-o-Hoover-Car-prototipo-de-carro-flutuante.html

I believe you'll like this link!
Checked that out. Still you wouldn't catch me driving a flying (or floating) car.
How about "driving" a driverless car?

That means the car will do the driving for you.

Check it out here.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:How about "driving" a driverless car?

That means the car will do the driving for you.

Check it out here.

As far as "imprudence" is one of the worst characteristics among our brazilian drivers (and probably in other countries too), at least it would be safer and more prudent.

By the way, interesting word here: "driverless"!

Regards.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Avatar do usuário Lucas PAYNE 260 7
Hi Friends,
So today I would like to talk a little bit about yesterday,definitely a stressful day.
I got away from my job 17 PM, as usual,waiting for the bus,maybe, 1 hour, but normally I wait for 10 minutes.
Finaly I took the bus and in a normal day I spend 40 minutes inside the bus. Suddenly I was sleeping, ZzzzZzzzZ.
I woke up after 1hour and 30 minutes and guess what? I was in the same place.
After 3 hours enjoying my adventure I got home.

What should be done to improve traffic conditions?

In my opinion,we'll need to fight for a losing battle.