What would you do if you won a US$10000000.00 lottery prize?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Since we are daydreaming, the first thing I would do would be to pinch myself, then go to the lottery office and get the check and then pinch myself again. If after all that I determinded that I was not asleep and dreaming I would ensure that my grandchildren's education would be taken care of.

The rest ot the items on my bucket list are: establish a Boys' and Girls' Town in Sao Paulo State, buy an apartment in Jundiai, SP, buy a new Harley and tour Brazil from Boa Vista to Chuy and Joao Pessoa to Cruzeiro do Sol, ride the Harley over the death road in Bolivia , watch Brazil triumph in the World Cup, 2014, watch Brazil host the 2016 Olympics, and spend the rest of my life living in an endless summer, (January in Brazil and July in Florida).

For the curious or to improve your vocabulary look up.
pinch myself
daydreaming
bucket list
Boys Town, Omaha, Nebraska
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
rguimaraesc escreveu:[...] Our friend Marcio could join us into an excursion around the Northeastern coast of Brazil, what do you think Marcio? You are from this part of Brazil, so you would be a good guide for us! :)

Bill, I'd certainly guide you around Recife city, at least. Although I have continuously lived in Pernambuco for 44 years, I've only visited a few out of its 185 cities and a couple of its villages, the high Sertão area (the semi-arid area of the state) not included.

I'd also guide Flavia.Im around town as much as I did my Garanhuns-PE girlfriend lately. My gf saved me a lot of trouble doing the housekeeping, the ironing, the sweeping, and most of all, the kissing and hugging stuff couples never do without.

But caring not to stay off topic, with that kind of cash (my 500-billion-dollar prize, of course!) I'd help a lot of poor people get back on their feet, the houseless, the foodless, the pandering etc. I'd also help most of the state's glue- and crack-sniffing, purse-snatching street kids who sometimes wipe car windshields for peanuts back into the school. I'd actually buy them a lot of peanuts, truckloads of it, just to keep 'em busy before sending them hurtling into class for the Portuguese grammar lessons they often despise.

Flavia, tell us what YOU would do with that kind of cash (I mean, my proposed 500-billion-dollar lottery prize), build better schools, re-pave most of our pothole-filled roads, keep the big "piscinões" (word for it?) from overflooding SP city, keep violence off local streets, build larger max security prisons to hem unscrupulous, corrupt politicians in, what?

We'd kill to know what that kind of cash would do for you and vice versa. ;)
[quote="rguimaraesc"]This is really much money! I could not imagine this big number in my bank account. :)

Well, let's dream a little! It's good for our ego!

For sure I would like to travel around the world for knowing places that I have never been. Even in Brazil there are a lot of places which I don't know. Our friend Marcio could join us into an excursion around the Northeastern coast of Brazil, what do you think Marcio? You are from this part of Brazil, so you would be a good guide for us! :)

And I really could not imagine me with much money like this without helping people. I think that I would hire a company to build some houses for those who doesn't have a decent place to live.

p.s.: About the vocabulary look up from Bill's suggestion I would like to share an opinion.

In my Monograph I had to learn these expressions "i.e" and "e.g". They are from Latin language and their meaning are:
i.e - id est or in other words;
e.g. - exempli gratia or for example.

Renato and everyone else,

Please compare my rewrite with your original and determine the reasoning for my changes. Then let me know if you need an explanation. An easy way to remember when to use i.e. and e.g. is " i.e. is in, and e.g is explain.

I surely would like to travel around the world and visiting places where I have never been to. Even in Brazil there are a lot of places that I have never visited. Our friend Marcio could join is for an excursion around the Northeastern coast of Brazil, what do you think Marcio? You are from this part of Brasil and would make a good guide! :)

I can not imagine myself with that much money without helping less fortunate people. I think I would hire a contractor to build some houses for those who are homeless and do not have a decent place to live.

P.S. About the vocabulary look up from Bills suggestion I would like to share some knowledge. In my monograph I had to learn the abreviations i.e. and e.g., they are from Latin and their meanings are i.e. - id est - or "in other words", and e.g. - exempli gratia - or "for example".

Over all pretty good Ranato, and thank you for your past questions and suggestions (corrections) for my posts.
Bill, I think I misquoted your post for Renato's ("rguimaraesc"). Please accept my apologies. I vow never to misquote other people's posts again. :oops:
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Marcio_Farias escreveu:
I'd also guide Flavia.Im around town as much as I did my Garanhuns-PE girlfriend lately. My gf saved me a lot of trouble doing the housekeeping, the ironing, the sweeping, and most of all, the kissing and hugging stuff couples never do without.

(...)

Flavia, tell us what YOU would do with that kind of cash (I mean, my proposed 500-billion-dollar lottery prize), build better schools, re-pave most of our pothole-filled roads, keep the big "piscinões" (word for it?) from overflooding SP city, keep violence off local streets, build larger max security prisons to hem unscrupulous, corrupt politicians in, what?

We'd kill to know what that kind of cash would do for you and vice versa. ;)

Márcio,

A) What does the fact that your gf saved you a lot of trouble (doing all those things) have to do with the fact that you'd guide me around town?

B) 500-billion-dollar / 12949 forum members (Aug, 3rd 2010) = US $ 38,613,020.31 for each one. We could stop working and found English Experts Association, promoting free workshops around Brazil.

C) Piscinão? Please see this topic.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:Bill, I think I misquoted your post for Renato's ("rguimaraesc"). Please accept my apologies. I vow never to misquote other people's posts again. :oops:

Marcio,

If you did, I can not find where you did it, and I had a very wise man tell me the last man to never make a mistake died on a cross almost 2,000 years ago. No offense was taken and no apology is necessay.
@ Flavia - Pardon me. I ought to stop shoving my poor gf into the threads so forcefully. If she herself posted on a thread, she'd probably try to stay on topic at all costs. Much more than I would!

@ Bill - So no misquote. Thank you for advising me on that.
Avatar do usuário Gustavo Dias 25
Besides I make a very great trip at Disney,... I'll buy very luxurious houses at Camboriú beach, and one for me to live... The one at the beach I'll also make for rent.

I'm also gonna save some great money for me when I get some good professional expirience... I'll found a hardware and software producer company...
I would travel a whole lot, I would spend more time with my son and I would help people in need. The order here does not matter! : )
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
I would help my family, I would buy a house, a car, and very things. I tour for Brazil and around the world. I would buy many books, was just studydding. I would do just the things that I like.