What would you do if you won a US$10000000.00 lottery prize?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3885 1 9 86
Question: What would you do if you won a US$10000000.00 lottery prize?

Examples of answers:

- I would help the poor people by donating everything to charities places.
- I would buy the company I work for and then send a note to my boss offering him a job as my assistant.
- I would quit work and be lazy, just go to parties and spend all my money on superfluous things.
- I would travel the world and practice some English.
- I wouldn't change many things in my life; maybe provide a more comfortable life to my family, work less, enjoy life more, etc.

Now it's your turn!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Flavia,

Two minor suggestion, you do not need the noun "places" after the noun "charities", since it is superfluous, and comas are normally used in numbers as place keepers to make the number easier to read, e.g. US $10,000,000.00

For the curious or to increase your vocabulary look up:
superfluous
i.e. versus e.g.
I would give up everything and spend the rest of my life in hawai,surfing ,eating,flying,enjoing the sun,and learning english in the best way. 8-)
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Flavia.lm escreveu:Question: What would you do if you won a ten-million-dollar lottery prize?

I'd settle for the first option, plus I'd keep some of it to buy me a place to live in--I don't have any! Oh yes, on top of that, I'd go on a cruise/airplane tour to the US.

Now, what would the forum users and members possibly do if they won a record 500-billion-dollar lottery prize plus the 10-million-dollar prize Flavia enticed you with, buy up the entire Microsoft Corporation and hire Mr. Gates as CEO? 8-)
I would quit my job and travel around the world !
w.slayman escreveu:(...) comas are normally used in numbers as place keepers to make the number easier to read, e.g. US $10,000,000.00
(...)

Yes, I've heard about that. But the field has a limit of characters and I needed to shorten the sentence. I also thought about Marcio's "ten-million-dollar" option, but it is even longer.

"Two minor suggestions", Mr. Slayman! ;)
Flavia,

Your correction is absolutely correct "Two" requires a plural noun e.g. suggestions :D

And I did not consider the limited field sorry.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Flavia, you might have typed "US$ 10,000 K" into the field, instead, since US$ 10,000 K = US$ 10,000,000.00 ÷ 1,000.

US$10000000.00 (14-character string)
US$ 10,000 K (12-character string)

With "US$ 10,000 K" you'd have an economy of two characters. Or enough room for a two-letter word. Or two-digit number.
This is really much money! I could not imagine this big number in my bank account. :)

Well, let's dream a little! It's good for our ego!

For sure I would like to travel around the world for knowing places that I have never been. Even in Brazil there are a lot of places which I don't know. Our friend Marcio could join us into an excursion around the Northeastern coast of Brazil, what do you think Marcio? You are from this part of Brazil, so you would be a good guide for us! :)

And I really could not imagine me with much money like this without helping people. I think that I would hire a company to build some houses for those who doesn't have a decent place to live.

p.s.: About the vocabulary look up from Bill's suggestion I would like to share an opinion.

In my Monograph I had to learn these expressions "i.e" and "e.g". They are from Latin language and their meaning are:
i.e - id est or in other words;
e.g. - exempli gratia or for example.

See you.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Hey! Very good idea.

Let me just improve it a bit:

I would tour Brazil and visit some friends from EE in Minas, Goiás, Recife, Rio, Rio Grande do Sul, then I'd go to Costa Rica, Pensacola - FL (Bill), Toronto (Henry), then a tour in Europe (with Gabi). Oh, I don't have any EE friend in Australia :(

That would be really really really nice ;)