Which games do you like to play to improve your English?

I love games in English classes, I think they really liven things up!

My favourite games include Pass the Bomb, Scattergories and Boggle (these are great fun and good for improving spelling and vocabulary). Cara Cara is a great game for practicing questions.

Which are yours and why?

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
10 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
Thanks guys, great suggestions. I tried the crossword idea out today, the students really enjoyed it. I'm going to try the other ideas too.

Diego, here are a few suggestions for your reply:

I am glad in hear your correction. (Thank you for your corrections). I have a lot to learn because my english is a basic in written. But i understand well what the people write. (my English writing is basic but I understand well what people write)

Andre, i (I) have played the game Chrono Cross, its a nice game with good history (a good story). I don't think (it's) difficult to understand the history (story) in general, but i (I) know (it) is better to play (it) in portuguese (Portuguese) when we don't know english (English) very well.
Sorry if i make mistake (I made any mistakes), i (I) am still learning how (to) write.

Don't forget:

'I' the pronoun is capitaized.

In English we usually have an object in the sentence. For example, I like it.

History and story are often confused in Brazil.
History is something real that actually happened in the past (it is usually related to the world, a nation, or to an institution). For example, the history of Brazil.
A story is a recounting of some sort and can be true or false. For example, "Tell him the story about what happened on the bus today".

History is a longer word (than story) and usually refers to longer periods of time.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
2 5 42
I have played Dragon Age, and I like the game. We have a lot of options on the quests, and the chance in listening every character on the game. And the game is long.
I think, games of rpg are best to learn more. Because we have a lot of options and directions to try finish an quest.
If i make a mistake, please correct me.
See ya =)
Hi Diego,
I've never played role playing games in classes but I'll look into them now, thanks.

Your English was very good with very few mistakes. Here are my suggestions (in bold):

I have played Dragon Age, and I like the game. We have a lot of options on the quests, (the comma is unnecessary because you used `and`) and the chance in listening (to listen to) every character on (in) the game. And the game is long.
I think, (unnecessary comma) games of rpg are best to learn more. Because (more because, there is no need to start a new sentence) we have a lot of options and directions to try finish an (try to finish a) quest.
If i make a mistake, please correct me.
See ya =)

Nice work!!!
6 14 102
Nice topic!

I must say I am a bit of an old-fashioned guy: my favorite game to improve my English is crosswords. I started doing it in Portuguese, but as time went by, even the hardest ones were no longer challenging for me. One morning, passing by a newsstand, I saw a crossword puzzles magazine entirely published in English and I decided to buy it. I liked it because I could practice spelling, improve my vocabulary and discover new fascinating facts about the American culture. Now, whenever I am going to fly or travel long distances, I purchase one and have quite a good time.

Cheers!
I like to playing RPG games as well, mainly "classics" such as playstation 1 or SNES games. However, I have to admit that lately I almost didn't play anything. I can say that I lost the habit of playing, what is a little ironic, seen that now my understanding of English is incomparable better than when I was a child.

Curious story: I have been folllowing the translation of a game called "Chrono Cross" to Portuguese for a long time, however, it seems that the progress is going down. Apparently it has has now just one person working on it, so the development (even though at the final stage) is going slowly. Well, since the translation is free, maybe hurrying the person woldn't be good attitude, but I think in the current rate I will become fluent in English before the release of the translation, without exaggeration :lol:
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 5 42
Thank you Geoff.
I am glad in hear your correction. I have a lot to learn because my english is a basic in written. But i understand well what the people write.

Andre, i have played the game Chrono Cross, its a nice game with good history. I don't think difficult to understand the history in general, but i know is better to play in portuguese when we don't know english very well.
Sorry if i make mistake, i am still learning how write.
7 58
Hello!

When I was going to English School, I remember that we used to play one game that I don't even know the name! In fact, I'm not sure there's a name for it! It was like that: choose a song, write the sentences of it in separated small papers, make two sets of it, make two groups of students, then mix the sentences up, and after that, play the song and the two groups must try to organize the sentences accordingly with the song. In the end, teacher checks which group have made it right! It's really funny!

Best regards.
2 5 42
Thank you very much Geoff.
Mainly the patience to teach. (I used google)
And now I know the difference between history and story. (I used google)
I have a long way to learning, but I will do my best.
I'm playing the game Wartune, which has European and American servers.(I used google)
I play on the American server, and every day I learn new words, and I also have the support of most of the players. (I used google)
And now I have this forum to help me learn more.
Thank you again =)
You are very welcome Diego and I think you are doing really well.

I think Google (translating into English) is very good most of the time but it's far from perfect. It can, however be useful to give us ideas or when we have nobody around to help us.

However, we learn more from making mistakes.

If you want to improve your writing and English in general, it is much better having more experienced English speakers to correct you (and just as importantly, explain why you made the mistakes).
In my opinion, practicing on this forum, writing without the help of Google and asking for help when you want it (just as you have been doing until now) is the best way to go.

Best of luck!!
2 5 42
I appreciate your help.
I will take the weekend to annotate some words and expressions who I has saw here.
Because I have made a nice tour in the forum =)
I already take annotations but I have to make more tests and listening.
I am learning in the method auto didatic.
In the moment I don't have money or time to make class.
In this moment I use more writing in the game (Wartune) I mentioned.
Today I feel more relaxed in talking with people in the game.
But in the begin I was affraid.
Thanks for helping me and have a nice day.
Best regards.