Which season of the year do you prefer? Why?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I prefer winter. And it's not because I live in a place where the weather is cold, on the contrary I've been spending my entire life in a city where the sunlight seems burn everything.
In the winter time I wake up cheerful to do things. People usually wear beautiful clothes. I think the winter is able to make people stay closer each other. At least I can stay closer to my wonderful wife and give her a big hug. I can drink a cup of wine, watch a good movie and so on.
I really don't like to sweat and in the summer time it happens all the time.
I think that's it.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Winter is my favorite season SO far...
You just feel more comfortable, it's like you are constantly being hugged by someone :D (your heavy coats *_* )
And as I live in the south I think I would die if the temperature got up to 30 degrees every single day as it happens in some parts of Brazil.
You don't sweat! Your deodorant smells so good even if you run like through 2 squares to get in time at college. (yeah!!)
You sleep WAY better than in the summer!

I just love winter :D
Winter is my favorite season... Because I like the scary gothic atmosphere it brings to my mind...
Avatar do usuário Donay Mendonça 49135 21 73 1140
Hi Folks,

I like winter best,especially because I'm sensitive to the heat.I really can´t stand hot weather.

Regards,
I prefer summer. In Brazil, many enjoyable things happen in this season like: Christmas, New Year's Eve, holidays, Carnival.
In addition to this, brazilians have more money in the end of the year. How I could forget myself about the thirteenth salary? I like summer very much!
Here comes another verbose answer to a simple question. :lol: The U.S. Army in its infinate wisdom saw fit to station me in a lot of very nice vacation places were we were able to camp out in tents, two of which were winter in nothern Alaska, and summer in Iraq.

In Alaska I have experienced a low temperature of -74 F or -59 C, that is below zero, and is extremely cold. In Iraq again living in tents I have experienced a high temprature of 124 F or 51 C, and that is extremely hot.

Since I have reached old man status I have found that I can cope with the high tempratures better than the cold ones, and like the seasons here in Pensacola, where the minimum winter overnight lows are about 25 F or about -4 C, and the normal daytime tempratures are about 40 F or 4 C, and the maximum summer temperatures are about 95 to 100F or 37 tp 38 C.

So I guess that I like all the seasons here in Pensacola, and I can ride my Harley in comfort all year. However if really pressed I would have to say Spring is my favorite because of the renewal of life.
Winter in Alaska would be okay... But, summer in Iraqi? It would be a nightmare! lmao
Hm, I think every season has an utility. Like.. the summer: we can swimm in pools or go to the beach, it is too funny. We can use biquini, and shower ourselves even several times in a day, take an ice cream, or a coconut water.. go to the waterfall.. and it is too cool! But I like the winter too, because we can't do almost anything, I only spend my time in the bed, or surfing on the net, or.. eating.. I must not shower me everyday like in the summer, because body gets not so dirty, and hmm.. that's why I simply like winter *-*
Spring! Because i love the colors of flowers, and the blue sky! And birds, and bees! All people gathering toghether in the corner of the restaurants and bars! The charming dresses and everybody spending their time at the parks. The smiles are more frequently, and laughs. Shows combine more outdoors. Blossoms! I love it!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Flávia Gabriela escreveu:Spring! Because i love the colors of flowers, and the blue sky! And birds, and bees! All people gathering toghether in the corner of the restaurants and bars! The charming dresses and everybody spending their time at the parks. The smiles are more frequently, and laughs. Shows combine more outdoors. Blossoms! I love it!

Flavia,

If I may, I would like to suggest the following as being closer to what an American might say or write.

"I love Spring because of: the colors of the flowers, the blue sky, the birds and bees flying around, the people gathering together in the corner of the restaurants and bars, the ladies in their charming dresses, seeing many people gathering in the parks, the smiles and laughs that everyone has, and the combination of nature"s shows in the great outdoors. I just absolutely love Spring."

I hope you understand why I made the changes that I did.

Thank you in advance for letting me know what you think about the rewrite, and any questions that you may have.