Why do people lie?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
People lie because of the missing of personality of themselves, and missing of courage to say the true truth.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
We frequently tell white lies in order to protect us or to protect who we love. Other times, we tell them to avoid embarrassing situations, as well.
ailime escreveu:We frequently tell white lies in order to protect us or to protect who we love. Other times, we tell them to avoid embarrassing situations, as well.

HI Ailime,

A couple of suggested improvements if I may.

"We ... to protect those who we love. At other times we ... situations. " deleted as well.

Please see if you can determine why I made the changes and let me know what your thoughts are.

Thank you,
Hi, Bill,

Yes, I could understand why you added "whose". It's to refer to the people we love( in plural).
"At", of course makes better sense; and finally, "as well" seems to be quite redundant, indeed.

Thank you again Bill for making me think.
Ailime,

EXECELLENT ANALYSIS!! VERY WELL DONE INDEED!! :)
I guess that lies sometimes are necessary, but I myself prefer to be true to people. At least when the truth is not intend to hurt anyone.
There are many reasons, some say that lying is necessary, others say that lying is part of being human. But these answers are vague, people lie to their benefit, to undermine, and in recent cases, to help someone.
to protect people and to hurt people
Maybe, 'cause they're afraid of the truth or 'cause lying is easier!!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Leia o e-book Aprendendo Idiomas por Conta Própria e conheça as técnicas utilizadas pelos Experts para aprender idiomas. Com ele você vai aprender a aprender inglês!

Baixar uma Amostra Grátis!
Some times we need to lie because the truth can hurt feeling or you need to lie, for example, you boss ask you: Do you like me? And, you are going to answer: No, I really hate you, I want to you kill you so badly, it's strange you say this. I don't know exactly why people lie, but sometimes I think you need to lie, it's necessary, this is my opinion