Why were you named your name?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Initially, my name is Leone, but would be Paulo... My mom told one day about it, I guess she chose this name for me because had a mayor in the city of Nova Iguacu in Rio de Janeiro where she lived with the name Paulo Leoni, and how she thought it wouldn't be good the same of the mayor name she chose my name based on a book of names, where she told me that my name is Italian an means Lion.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3845 1 9 85
Hi everyone

Complementing my first post,

"Flavia" is the feminine form of "Flavius", "Roman family name which meant "golden" or "yellow-haired" from Latin flavus "yellow, golden". Flavius was the family name of the 1st-century Roman emperors Vespasian, Titus and Domitian." www.behindthename.com

But I'm almost sure my parents didn't know about that when they chose my name. Besides, I'm not blonde.
And I've just discovered that "the golden girl" is a Marvel character - superheroine :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Hum... now I remember. Emanuel means "God is here" too. But I don't know from which language it is. :roll:
My name is Mélory..and my mom always says that had invented my name..
All in my family start with 'M' in the first letter.
My name is Rivaline because It's a mixture of my parents' name.
Avatar do usuário josneywat 290 6
I was named after my father. His name is Joseney. My mother decider to drop the first 'e' because she didn't want me to be a "junior". I somehow like my name.
Because of the villain of the soap opera of my mom's epoque. HAHA!
This is an easy question for me.

When I was born during World War II, my father had just deployed to Europe for the invasion of France. My mother not knowing if she would ever see her husband again decided to name me after him, and thus, I became a Junior. :D
I have no idea. As renato baroli said (Renato) in english means 'Re-Born', I agree with you Renato, It's wierd.
Now I don't know why my mother put the letter 'h' in my name, It's more wierd than the meaning of the name(renato).
But It's still a mistery, someday I'll know the why of the letter 'h' in my name, maybe my mother wanted a man with 'H' in the family. kkk LOL

bye bye
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Whem I was born, my seven years old brother had just proposed a little girl, her name was Grace. So my mom decided give me this name.