Why, when and how did you start studying English?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I always loved English, always liked to speak English.. I didn't know HOW to speak English properly, though. And then when i was in High School (2007) I was like "Hey, I wanna get in an English Course!" , and that's what I did, I didn't have internet connection until then, so I didn't know about the POWERFUL INTERNET.
I was loving to have that English Lessons while my friends said that they had never liked to learn it :S.
I thought many times about leaving the English Course since Internet provides me tons of really good content, but I didn't give up of it because I hope to become an English Teacher , my English would need lots of improvements YES but thats what I want :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
I started studying english because of my mom and my gradma, most because of my grandma. I always loved english, and I remember the first american music I sang, it was an Avril Lavigne's song, I think it was Complicated, I don't know. But resuming.. I have always been interested on this language, and always wanted to learn, that is why I do classes of english :D It started on 2008, in an appropriated school.
well,i started to study english for 4 years ago,because my parents thinks is good for my life.
My English course is Wizard and i like . Other person prefers de Cultura inglesa and Brasas. I will go to finish my english course the next year.
Greetings and Salutations From the Sunshine State,

I started studying English about sixty six years ago, because I got tired of adults who could not or would not learn the language that I was completely fluent in. The adults with whom I was dealing with at that time had a set procedure when I started crying, they would check to see: if I wanted my diaper changed, if I wanted to play, if I had a fever, if I wanted to be held, and then finally, if I wanted to eat. They were supposed to be smarter than me but they could never seem to learn my language, where each cry had its own meaning, so I had to learn their language to prevent starving to death while waiting for someone to shove a bottle in my mouth. You would think that Baby would be easier to learn than English, but now sixty six years latter I am still trying to master English. I wonder how much easier our lives would have been if all of us had just stuck to Baby? :lol: :lol:
Wow,think about it kind of gives me the blues.I feel a little melancholic when i remember that i started to really enjoy english when i first saw Spider-man on the movie theater back in 2002,when i was just twelve years old.Then i saw how important english would be to me be able to become something so amazing as the green goblin.Since then i have improved a lot my english and specially because i have never taken any english class.Today i think how important that event was for me,my first language half learnt was catalized by that moment and then came french italian and german.All these languages i already don't know but i wll soon.That's what everybody call real globalization. :idea:
I started studying English because i do like it and now it's for my future i mean, i intend to study and work in Canada or another country where i can speak English like a native :D . I've been studyin' English for about two years and i attend classes at Casa de Cultura Britanica here in Fortaleza since the beginning of this year. But i used to learn (and i still do it), watching movies, talking with my cousin and listening to music.

regards ;)
I can't remember it clearly - but I remember that when I needed help to defeat those pesky Zelda bosses (and finish the dungeons), I needed a bit of English.

That was about 13-14 years ago! Playing "A Link to the past" and "Ocarina of time" games of the Zelda Series.

;p
because i like of english, i started study english this year ... i saw in google this site and liked
I started studying English since school, actually, and so, I liked it and started getting curious about the language, then I started studying at home, learning a few terms in English, searching sites where I can learn more. I don't know how I started, and for this, I can't answer a lot of questions of my friends like: Help me in English, how did you start?.

I don't know how, but now I know why I continue studying English: I have a dream, which is be admitted at Harvard, the best university in the world, and of course go to USA, so now I have a plan, I made a study plan and only then I can develop my fluency in English.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
leandrocs1310 escreveu:I started studying English since school, actually, and so, I liked it and started getting curious about the language, then I started studying at home, learning a few terms in English, searching sites where I can learn more. I don't know how I started, and for this, I can't answer a lot of questions of my friends like: Help me in English, how did you start?.

I don't know how, but now I know why I continue studying English: I have a dream, which is be admitted at Harvard, the best university in the world, and of course go to USA, so now I have a plan, I made a study plan and only then I can develop my fluency in English.

Leandrocs,

Please consider this rewrite of your post, and let me know: what you think of it, why I made the changes, and if you have any questions.

I started studying English when I was in grammar school, and I liked my initial exposure to it. I then started getting curious about the language and began studying at home, by searching web sites where I can learn more.

I now continue studying English in order to realize a dream, which is to be admitted as an undergraduate to Harvard University, arguably the best university in the world, which is located in Boston, MA, USA. In order to help me accomplish this dream and goal I have developed a study plan to increase my fluency in English.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you in your studies of American English.