Why, when and how did you start studying English?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
I started studying English when I went to live in NY in my childhood, I lived there for 5 years and I was fluent in english. Unfortunatly, after I came back to Brazil, I did not practice anymore, I lost interest and I forgot almost 40% of what I knew. I regret a lot not have continued studying an practicing, because if I did, now it would be so much easyer. But now I am trying to get it back toguether using this wonderfull site to study, and I can say it is helping me a lot.
I started Studing English for my Job and i'm studing English a long time a ago too
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
My father was always in love with the language and he was an English speaker therefore. When I was about 5, he introduced some words to me, made me repeat them, put songs for me to listen, and some Disney movies' partially in English. That's how I began to fall in love with English. When I was 8, he put me in an English course and I coursed it for ten years. At the end of it I coursed "teaching course" with the methodology of the course I was in and turned into a teacher.

There's not a day when I'm not in love with the language.
Avatar do usuário Izabella Bruno 625 3 10
Why? Because I wanted to know to sing in English!;
When? I was 12 I was in elementary school;
How? Translating songs!
I stated at age nine, I always wanted learn another language, whaterever it'd be. But I have woe lack of learning since 2008, because I stopped going English classes and I had not practice all this time. Nowadays I'm twenty-years old.
PS: except for watching films and some forums ( including this one) I'm not exercising my English. :/
Well, I starting my study in 2013, certainly in january of 2013, I start because I love this language and She Can better my professional development. I love it, Movie Series in English, But I have that better more my listen. I hope that one day I can watching Movies in English, without of subtitles.

bye... See you later.
I've been studying English for almost two years, but I never made course I always studied by myself.That idiom is wonderful and I love study English . For me English is my ticket for sussecs .
When I was about 15 I started studies in technology, and all commands were in english. Although I have done some courses, I was used to studying by myself. I have always been delighted with the pronunciation of english in the movies, most of the songs that I've heard were in english, so I learned the lyrics of the songs I liked till get to sing by myself, and I'm always learning.
Well, I have always liked the English language. My favorite bands are from the U.S.A. and England, this is why I wanted to learn English, to understand what they were singing. Therefore I started my English classes and have been studying the language for four years. So, I have been trying to improve my pronunciation, reading and writing trough e-books, audios and EE, all apart from my regular English class.

See ya! :D
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!
Well, I started studying english in 2011. I studied for two years straight, I'd barely skip any class, but then I dropped out last year. Ever since I've been studying by myself as well as a playing video games, which are excellent teachers too.

And I dream of living in California (Los Angeles specifically) one day, so I'll try to reach my goal.