Fábio, this is a more concise way of writing your text and getting the message across:
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is Fábio Araújo, aged 20 years, currently a student at the Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto (ISEP) and attending the second year of Mechanical Engineering Degree. I am formally applying for a place on the Erasmus Student Exchange Programme, especially the European Project Semester, which I would like to attend during my course’s last semester.
The main reasons why I am applying for this Programme are:
• Gain new experience, meet people from different backgrounds, learn about their culture and the history of their country, understand their ways, and integrate for about six months. I think all of these, combined with the opportunity of sharing my culture will be of mutual benefit.
• A great opportunity to practice and improve my English.
• Participation in the Programme would enhance my curriculum. I will get the chance to discuss and apply what I have learned in Portugal with students from completely different schools, study techniques, and backgrounds. This will help me to stand out from other competing Mechanical Engineering Students especially when applying for new job opportunities at various organisations and companies.
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for considering this application.
• Last two lines are centred text (Your sincerely, and name).
• Keep it simple, concise, and to the point. Human beings have only a 5 second attention span.