Correção de texto: My favorite soccer team is back

Avatar do usuário Marcelo Pias 640 1 2 14
I love soccer and I just can't see myself living without it. However, my favorite soccer team, Palmeiras, have been playing so badly for the past three years. It’s been really tough to talk about soccer with my friends since they won’t stop teasing me. Luckily, things have changed this year. My team signed a lot of amazing players and hopefully this will be our year.

My team had a horrible squad. The players were not skillful at all, and didn’t even bother to try hard. This situation didn’t last too long, though. All the fans, including me, ran out of patience and attacked the president by protesting in front of the stadium, asking for a change. Now things are much different. Palmeiras managed to sign a lot of new players.

Now I can confidently say that we have a competitive team. I won’t be embarrassed when my friends talk to me anymore. Hopefully, the new players will get along and play well as a team so we can lift some trophies and come back to the same level we were years ago once and for all!

(please let me know if there's something that could be expressed in a more natural way, even if it's not grammatically incorrect)
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
Marcelo, you've done an excellent job. Your improvement is noticeable. Keep up with your English studies.
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
I love soccer and I just can't do without it.
(yours is right as it is so I am not correcting here, just letting you know another way to say that.)

It’s been really though to talk about soccer with my friends since they won’t stop teasing me.

My team had a horrible/insufferable/nightmaris squad.
(again, no correction here. Just alternative ways.)

In fact the text had a good flow, good word choices and one could understand what you meant. I didn´t spot any mistakes, and one can see that your vocabulary is building up. Overall a good writing, congrats!
Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
I'm sorry, Paulo, but Marcelo hasn't made any mistakes in this sentence:

"It’s been really tough to talk about soccer with my friends since they won’t stop teasing me."

Tough as in "difficult" / "hard to bear".

In fact, I did not find any mistakes in his text.
Ooops...I did it again! :shock:

Thanks for noticing and correcting the/my mistake, Telma. I agree with you, it wasn´t broken and I tried to fix it, he hee. :oops:
Thanks God you were here, with an keen eye for details and willing to help. Bravo! :P
Avatar do usuário Redseahorse 8000 1 13 143
Hints:

horrible > SHAMEFUL;
and THEY didn’t even bother to try IT hard;
fans > SUPPORTERS;
ITS president by protesting;
MANY new players;
play IT well as a team;
lift > RAISE some trophies;
we ONCE were years ago and FOREVER.
If these are suggestions, okay it´s fine, I think the original is acceptable anyway.
However, my favorite soccer team, Palmeiras HAS been playing so badly for the past three years.

I = have
He = has
She = has
It = has
we = have
You = have
They = have
This is a special case.
The team have and the team has, depending on which you think. Team as a unit "has", team as a group of several players "have". Of course more often than not they use "has" (because they use it with the thought
of a unit, just because of it.)

In this soccer site they use a lot of "has", but sometimes they use "have" too.

HAVE
Atletico exposes Real Madrid's deficiencies after derby ...
http://www.foxsports.com/.../another-de ... e-to-atl...
Traduzir esta página
16 de set de 2014 - Under Deigo Simeone, the Atletico head coach, the team have climbed the hierarchy via headed goals. There was defender Miranda, settling

HAVE
Daniel Agger reveals rift with Liverpool manager Rodgers ...
http://www.foxsports.com/.../daniel-agg ... ift-with...
Traduzir esta página
22 de set de 2014 - "When you are a part of the starting 11 for several games in a row and the team have performed well, and you feel that you have played well, ...

HAVE
Highlights: Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City | FOX Sports
http://www.foxsports.com/.../champions- ... hlights-... - Traduzir esta página
It has been confirmed that Morocco will not host the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations and the team have been expelled from tournament to boot. Share 0. Tweet 0. 0

HAS
Kyle Beckerman serves as the steady fulcrum in the team ...
http://www.foxsports.com/.../kyle-becke ... dy-fulcr...
Traduzir esta página
9 de set de 2014 - Through the inevitable change, the team has somehow stayed the same. Beckerman, at the club since 2007, embodies that sameness.

HAS
United States women's national team battle Guatemala ...
http://www.foxsports.com/.../united-sta ... -nationa...
Traduzir esta página
18 de out de 2014 - The team has been doing yoga sessions every few days to help stretch their muscles and knuckled down on its conditioning over its camps the .
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!