Correção de texto: My first night in the boarding school

This is a short text I just wrote that is intended to improve my writing skills. I'll be really happy if someone could show me my main mistakes. Thanks in advance. ;)

My first night in the boarding school

I woke up very early that day; I was very excited because that was the day I waited for at least the last 5 months. I got prepared really fast; I putted all of my essentials clothes in my suitcase, took a bath and dressed up appropriately. Then I went to the bus stop with my mother. After a long time waiting for the bus, it finally appeared. During the route I started to think how my school would be like, I haven’t had the opportunity of being there before, just my mother had seen the place up to that moment, and she told that it wasn’t great and that she thought I wouldn’t stay in this new school for a long time. Ok, that was bad news, but I was willing to face all the problems that might get in my way because I knew that that would be a great chance to make me grow up, and turn into a better person.

I arrived at the place; it was really dirty and weird, I thought to myself: “what am I doing here? This is not a place for human beings to live, is it?”. But I have already got there, and even feeling disappointed, I stood. My mother needed to go home, so now for the first time on my life I was alone, I needed to solve all possible problems without any of my parents’ help. I felt excited because of the opportunity of living by myself, but to be true I was very scary.

“Well, at least the people seems to be very respectful and friendly”, I thought. I spent the first day trying to explore the place, trying to know how the things work there and trying to fit in. Actually I don’t remember all the details of that day I just remember a little joke’s contest we had in the evening in my dormitory before going to bed. It was the moment my first problem began: the fan I brought with me stopped working. It was a little awkward because it was a new one; I haven’t used this fan before. But okay, it was just a fan. After a lot of time trying to find the problem that made my fan stop working I realized that everybody had already fell asleep. I tried to sleep too, but that was a very hot night, and now without my fan I was lost.

The time passed by, I didn’t sleep; I was afraid to show up tired in my first class’ day at the new school but those silent hours were what was really bothering me. I sweat very much, and went to the shower trying to cool down twice, though I still couldn’t sleep. I felt alone, hungry and I regret my call to change schools. I stood awake almost all the night time thinking about giving up on the boarding school. That was a tough night, but it made me learn an important lesson: no place is like home.
I’m still at that school, it’s being almost 3 years from that night and I still facing hard problems there, but I know that I am going to be a stronger person when it ends because those kind of experiences make people give the due value to the simple things of life.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!