How important is money for you?

Regras do fórum

Practice English here, messages in Portuguese are not allowed.
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3845 1 9 85
Question: How important is money for you?

Today we have inspiration from some famous people and some proverbs. Do you agree with any of them?

- "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen
- "You use your money to buy privacy because during most of your life you aren't allowed to be normal." - Johnny Depp
- "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." - Will Smith
- "Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game." - Donald Trump
- “I never completed high school and I am very rich and very successful.” Tre Cool (so succesful that I had to google his name to discover he is a member of the band Green Day)
- "Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." - Oscar Wilde
- "When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is." - Oscar Wilde
- "Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one." - Benjamin Franklin
- There are some things that money can't buy. For everything else there's Xxxxxx (no free advertising here, of course ;) )

- "The art is not in making money, but in keeping it." - proverb
- “If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can't buy” - proverb

source: ... ous-people
Recommended reading: can-t-buy-me-love-beatles-t8818.html

I vote on Will Smith's!

Now it's your turn!

Sometimes money is important, others no. If you need to buy something, you need money for this. So, in this case, money is very important. But if you need friends, you can have a lot of money that in case, money isn´t important.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário RenanKenplers 55 1
Hey ya,

I agree with some aforementioned. I have read some articles about this issue and it gets me confused. It's clear that money enables people to exert influence over others, and money is also of greater importance for many. Nevertheless, do you agree when I say that although money provides you the best health care and ad ever, it is not a guarantee of a longer life expectancy? Our world is based on a money-hierarchical system in which the more money you have, higher on the ''score'' and more respected you are. Reflecting... do you think it is worthy to follow a standard of living like this? Which is unpredictably uncertain whether you are going to get a spot in this figurative score? Are you set to face a long life ahead working your head off trying to save some money in order to get a overflowing account? Or to live straightforwardly and even like that make some money (?) - less money than working full-time. In a nutshell, for me, it is fullfilling having a awesome time taking advantage of everything life provides me and to make money for personal safety without dedicating three-quarters (exaggerating) of my life on a desk.

Money sucks, 'cause people are always after more of it (including myself), but they don't ever get enough to be satisfied. Money is the world's most utterly stupid thing ever invented by humans. If you agree with me, give yours away right now and make your life much longer and happy.

(I got to stop drinking coffee... I got to...)
I agree with you in parts Emanuel. But money does not suck, We have to learn use it! I think as follows, we have to learn, 'cause money is not a toy! Without it we can not eat, shop among other things... This is important for us, and what really does not matter for us is that, "money never made a man happy", yet, it can make some their wishes come true...
Avatar do usuário Flavia.lm 3845 1 9 85
Frejat once said in one of his songs:

"I hope you win some money
because it is needed to live
and I also hope that you say to it, at least once,
who's the owner of whom"

(free translated by myself ;) )
You're right, Logan =) I don't really think it sucks, I was just kidding - don't ask me why.

Flavia, I loved it =)
It's important, it's crucial to have some money so you can get retired...

but there are a bunch of other reasons why money is important, like the freedom to get, and go wherever you want, whenever you want...
Money is important in our life, but We need to have conscience that It wasn't everything. Money Doesn't take us happyness.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Há quanto tempo você estuda inglês? Já passou por sua cabeça que você pode estar estudando de uma forma que dá pouco ou quase nenhum resultado? Que tal fazer um intensivo de inglês de 180 dias e recuperar o tempo perdido? Em 6 meses você pode elevar o seu inglês a um novo patamar.

Clique aqui para conhecer o curso!

It´s my first post here.
Answering your ask, money does´t important when will can make everything and we don´t worry about it. We can living so best without this excessive worry, i think. But, in this time, unfortunately, we have a work a lot to guarantee a quiet future.

P.S: sorry for my terible English.